Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Jan Goldfield

Going to class

I finally made an appointment with an RV dealer near here to bring my 28bh in and have 2 hours of instruction on what's what and what's where. I am so tired of climbing this learning curve trying to figure out where things are and how to work them. The big day is Saturday. Oh, for those of you around here, it's Dixie RV in Hammond. I don't think much of them, but hope that at least somebody can tell me where things are. It's gonna cost me 50 bucks and I think it's cheap at twice the price.
Oh, and the concrete truck will show up here Tuesday to pour 3000 psi concrete in the forms I am building to widen my driveway and create a drive through pad so I don't have to back in and out. The driveway is getting 6' wider and I will have a 60' long pad for the TT + RV. I can hook/unhook on the pad and then just drive the truck around and into the garage. Next is a standing cover to get it out of the blistering Southern sun.
Tentatively traveling to Branson Mid October and possibly on to Michigan after that. My mother still lives there, so it's home for me, even after being in New Orleans since 1969.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #2

Dixie RV ?

Berryland couldn't do it?

Heck, I would have done a walk through for a case of beer.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #3

I would have someone video tape the whole process so you will have something to look back on. I know there are little things I wish I would have paid more attention to. I also before you go write down the main things you need to find out, that way you will not forget to ask. Yes it sometimes the learning curve seems never ending. Most important to remember is never be affraid to ask questions, we've all been there.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
Jan Goldfield

Mike, I am always surprised that Berryland stays open. The power of advertising is amazing. That said, Dixie is no better. I figure any brain to pick is better than mine.
Cardinal, I have a little Flip video camera that will stay pointed at the tech. Then I can hook it to the TV and watch it at my leisure. If this little tutoring session is outside in the heat, I am gonna need the video because paying attention outside in 90 weather is impossible.
Thanks for the offer, Mike. You may see us on your doorstep as we are slow learners.

2009 Ford 150
Old 09-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Jan Goldfield

We had our training session with a way nice tech at Camping World in Hammond, LA. I feel that we learned lots and also got some reinforcements about what we already know and are doing.
We had a brake control installed and learned how to install the friction bar on the hitch. The 50 mile drive back home was smooth, averaging 10.3 MPG at 65 mph.
I video taped his walk through. As soon as I edit it a bit, I will put it on youtube and perhaps it can be a good owners' manual for new Cherokee 28bh owners.

I'm glad we made the trip.

2009 Ford 150
Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you paid attention as there will be a test later. LOL

I had to ask this spring @ the dealer how to open & close the awning. I had forgotten over the winter & didn't want to screw it up trying to open it. Everything else goes smoothly (other than the heater lighting) when operating. I guess starting w/ the popup may have helped keeping "procedures" memorized.
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #7

Jan,

Glad the hear you had a good experience with your class. I'm sure the video will help enlighten others as to how things work.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
Jan Goldfield

I am trying to edit the video and making my hair greyer. Now I have to learn to do that (again). I'm still trying. But at least we can review it when necessary.

2009 Ford 150

Tags
cherokee