Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #1

Grey Wolf 20RDSE

I have read that the only people who post are those having troubles. Here is a quick review of my 2019 TT we got in January. In spite of a somewhat poor walk through at the dealer, we have now, as of May, verified that everything works. We have used the Wolf about eight nights so far and used the air conditioning for the first time this weekend. Every single appliance and function works as designed. There is evidence of hurry up construction if you look inside of things, but it all looks good to the eye and it all works. This is obviously an initial quality review, so I won’t comment on longevity. Ask me in a year, then two, then ten.
BradJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #2

Our 2019 20RDSE has been fine outside of a few minor issues since our purchase in late March this year. I found the outrigger perimeter bolts loose which I noted in another post. So I'd give a thumbs up to the Grey Wolf line for now.
dmayo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #3

What do you guys tow with?

And Brad, any recommendations on campsites in central or western NC?
therabidlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #4

I tow mine with a 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab using a Fastway E2 weight distribution/sway control hitch. It's an easy tow for a standard pickup.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #5

TV

We are towing the 20RDSE with a 2019 Ford F 150 2.7 L Ecoboost, 3:55 rear. I tow about 62 mph @ about 2k rpm, easy peasy. NC has some nice places to camp. We are partial to state camp grounds. Not all have electricity. Favorites are Carolina Beach State Park, no power at most sites. We live near Jordan Lake State Park, very nice. West near the Uwarie Mts are a couple parks. We also go west to Brevard to Davidson River National Forest campground, no power. We are used to living off the battery, but this year I am taking a Honda 2200 W generator to recharge the battery.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #6

got my 2019 20RDSE in April, its just in the driveway not going camping till memorial day week end (its snowing right now will it ever end?)
so far the heater works well, we slept in it one night but the thermostat is a really touchy pain in the ass you have to keep pressing it to get it to go on/off temp up/down. the outside light did not work, I took the panel out in the cabinet above the sink and the switch was not plugged in easy fix but how did they miss it? so far everything look good except for some glue/calking marks hear and their. I Love it hell its almost a big as my first apartment and that didn't have A/C LOL.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #7

Hey since were on the subject of our 20RDSE's do you have a spare tire on the rack in the back? if you do how is it mounted to it, mine didn't come with one and I was wondering how the factory one is mounted. did they use carriage bolts or wheel studs or just a bolt and nut ?
Old 05-09-2019, 05:59 AM   #8

Spare Tire

I would talk to the dealer, they are supposed to come with a spare tire. Mine has a two bolt bracket that the tire bolts on the under side of the rack. I have attached a two bike rack onto the cargo carrier so I moved the spare tire under the master bed. I added a prop on the lid of the under bed compartment where I also store a Cobb grill and charcoal. Other mods: I added hold open hinges to the compartments under the dinette. Also added the little piston hold open props on the upper cabinets above the dinette. Seriously FR, you didn’t include those? It is impossible to use the upper cabinets without them! My wife and I agree that for us the 20RDSE is luxurious. We stayed at a KOA in Wilmington NC last weekend and we were one of the smaller campers in the park. I know many people consider it an “entry” level TT, but for us it is the last hurrah. We have been camping over 40 years in everything from backpack tents to popups to a smaller TT. We don’t intend to get a bigger TT and consider the Grey Wolf to be our final luxurious reward for saving our money all these years.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM   #9

Yep, I have a spare. Ditto on BradJB's remarks regarding relative luxury. LOL

BradJB, what kind of bike rack did you get? I'm planning on doing the same.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #10

Bike Rack

I do not actually use a bike rack. I just added two of the front fork holders to the cargo carrier. You do have to remove the front wheel. I have had Yakima racks in the past that use the same system. I secure the back wheel with a bungee, which only has to stop the back wheel from sliding around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1749.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	524.6 KB
ID:	204169  
Old 06-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #11

Another discovered issue recently was with the AC duct work. I'd noticed the air flow was weak from the front vents. I discovered loose foil tape nearly closing front off from the AC unit. I'm glad I decided to take the cover off and take a look. This made a huge difference in the air flow!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #12

Will check

I also tightened several loose carriage bolts on the frame outriggers. Will check the AC next time.

Tags
grey wolf