Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #1

Grey Wolf manual slide screw location

Just purchased a 2011 Grey Wolf 26RL and neither the dealer or I can figure out where you manually retract or open the slide in the event of a power failure. I have the handle but have no idea where it goes! Appreciate any help.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #2

Most are on the opposite side of the camper from the slide, some are underneath on the same side, and yet others are inside in a compartment. Keep looking!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #3

There is no manual slide screw - BUT do not dispair, there is a very easy way to retract the slide. Just disconnect the battery and all power from the trailer, then just firmly push the slide to the stowed position. Reconnect - Again RECONNECT the battery as it provides the BRAKE which holds the slide stowed for travel. I looked ALL over the place for a manual retraction device, only when I spoke to the mechanic at the dealer did I find out this is the only way to manually retract the slide. I tried it today and IT WORKED flawlessly. Just don't try to "shove" the slide back in. Just steady pressure, maybe with a helper, and it just slides right in.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #4

Wonderful news, thank you. I'll give it a try. Am surprised it's not mentioned anywhere in the bag of documentation I received with the trailer. Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Mikewheel

Smile Cherokee Grey Wolf Slide ifo

If you want to learn about how your slide works google Lippert rv slides. On their web site there are about six videos that will tell you all you want to know about your slide. There is also an option to watch on you tube that will give you a larger video. This was very helplful to me, hope it will be to you.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #6

help slide out stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetcanuck View Post
Just purchased a 2011 Grey Wolf 26RL and neither the dealer or I can figure out where you manually retract or open the slide in the event of a power failure. I have the handle but have no idea where it goes! Appreciate any help.
Has anyone found the motor to the slide? Our slide will not go back in. The Cheyenne Camper Dealer told us to actually disconnect a motor from some screw and that it would be located above the slide somewhere. We are frustrated as it's stuck OUT and we cannot transport it to the dealer for fixing
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #7

The motors are behind the rubberseal on each side, top and bottom. You MAY be able to COMPETLY disconnect the battery and with two people, push evenly on each side of the slide to force it back in. After that, reconnect (it is also the brake to hold the slide "IN" ) so you can travel with it.

Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote