Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #11

Entry Level I understand but I don't care if it is poor boy level it shouldn't be broke within the first month. I will say I think the cabinetry is very solid construction and comparable to my Jayco and its not so much materials that were used that have me concerned it is how things were done.

Like I said there is some type of foam insulation/Sealer stuff that I'm not sure why it is where it is and if it isn't just sloppy application and those things really need to remain sealed what they put there isn't going to last more than a few months. There should not be 6 - 8 holes needed to install a bracket that only has 2 screws. Was my air conditioner ever even tested since it tons of styrofoam stuff blew out the vents when I turned it on? They didn't notice the puddle of antifreeze sitting under the bathroom sink? I mean I understand there are sacrifices for weight and things that come with an entry level TT but you can build an entry level trailer with entry level materials and it still be put together well.

My 2005 Jayco new was around a $25,000 (MSRP) paid around $18,000 new. My 2014 Grey Wolf $31,000 (MSRP) paid around $20,000. For the price I would expect similar quality.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #12

Gas works fine, stove and refer on propane all work no problem

2005 Jayco Jay Feather 23B - Stolen & Destroyed
1970's Jayco Pop Up - Still alive & kickin' some how
dketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #13

We have had our grey wolf since we bought it new in 2011. We did have problems which forced us to return it to the factory, but it was trouble free this past year. Looking forward to camping season in a few weeks to get it out.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #14

What type of issues did you have Big Dawg if you don't mind sharing?
2005 Jayco Jay Feather 23B - Stolen & Destroyed
1970's Jayco Pop Up - Still alive & kickin' some how
dketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #15

We had leaks at the skylight, axle, and tire problems. The leak caused some of the cabinet areas to mess up. They replaced everything that was wrong and even added a awning over the slide out. I have heard of others that have not had any problems at all. Work with your dealer, they should take care of things for you.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #16

I bought my Grey Wolf new at the end of February 2013. It was a 2012 model, but still new. I have had a few issues, which I either took care of myself or took it back to the dealer.

1. The kitchen sink drains leaked when I used the sink plugs. This was due to the gasket around the sink drains not setting right. I disassembled the lines, used plumbers tape to seal the threads and reseated the gasket. This solved the problem.

2. Had the GFI blow and kill all of my outlets. It could not be reset. I was on a trip so I just went to Menard's bought a new outlet and replaced it myself.

3. When the Heat or AC were on, the fan would blow on high constantly. I was noticing that it was not hot during the heat being on, or cold during the AC being on. I figured out that my fan setting was set to high and not to Auto. Auto just kicks on when the Heat or AC turn on.

4. I have a remote to slide the slide out, put the jacks down, extend the awning, and turn on the porch light. Well the slide function stopped working. Scheduled a warranty repair for this and they replaced it.

5. My tires after only 6 months of owning, were starting to dry rot. After researching this, I found it was an issue that Forest River had with the Grey Wolf line. Scheduled a warranty repair for this and they replaced 4 of the 5 tires.

6. My touch audio does not play certain DVDs. The message I get is that the region is not compatible. I am rather tech savey, so I attempted to fix this myself, assuming it was a setting that needed changed. It was not actually, so I scheduled a service for this. They could not find an answer, told me that just some DVD's work and some do not. I was frustrated and plan to change the unit out at some point.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dketter View Post
Anyone have any comments on my concerns with construction issues or how well their Grey Wolfs have held up over time?
We bought a 2013 Grey Wolf 26BH and went on a trip from Texas to California and back. Everything worked well, it pulled great, but the outside covering popped loose. After returning, took it back to dealer, and they had to take the outside off and restaple. The service supervisor said that there were only one or two staple at each stud. It was repaired, then we went to New Mexico. The trailer did fine with no more issues.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #18

We bought s new 29BH two years ago and have used it extensively. We have had a few issues, but most due to use and wear/tear. The only one that can be attributed to construction would have been when the backing plate fell off nearly damaging the brakes. Quickly fixed by dealer under warranty. We've been happy overall with our unit.

Tags
2014, 29bh, construction, furnace, grey wolf, issues, quality