Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Hail Damage in Omaha

Would like people's opinion. With the last hail storm, we didn't get any damage to the vents or skylights, but the whole outside of the camper looks like someone took a small hammer and started pounding on the camper. We are scheduled to take it into AC Nelson next Wednesday for them to check out how much damage we have. It is a 2011 Cherokee. Was wondering if you would take the insurance money and run or would you get a new camper. This was supposed to be our last camper and we were going to use it for when we retire. Have about 7-8 more years yet.

ratherbecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
What did you finally decide?

I was in the same boat as we had had our Nomad LT250 totaled by the insurance company after that storm. The roof, awning, skylight, vents, running lights, taillights and body all took a beating while it was at the storage lot down by 144th street. Even the spare tire cover wasn't spared. LOL We kicked around taking the money and trying to get it fixed, but we were in a time crunch with several trips already booked and the Nomad wasn't getting any newer so we decided to go ahead and upgrade.

RedDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
MI Camperz
Never had this situation. I guess I would find out how much damage cost there is relative to insurance offer and what you owe. I'm curious how it works out for you, so please keep us posted.
MI Camperz
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Well after much thought and going back and forth with the insurance company, we decided to get a different camper. We were really surprised that State Farm decided to total the camper because it didn't have as much damage as some other campers. I don't remember what was the exact quote, but it was real close to the value. So right now it is at the salvage lot wait for it to be auctioned off. Tomorrow we drive to Atlantic, IA to pick up our new camper. It is a 2013 SV-305 Forest River Surveyor Select. We get to test it out on Wednesday as we leave on a short trip to take my mother to the Black Hills. Tomorrow we will spend all day reloading (you don't realize how much junk you have until you unload a camper). Will let you know how everything goes.
ratherbecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Glad to hear State Farm did right by you. Congrats on your 2013 SV-305 Forest River Surveyor Select. And BTW I do realize how much stuff DW has when I unload the camper .
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote