Old 02-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2006 Cherokee. Excellent advice from bodzcampers, get a surge protector. Think of it as insurance, one spike/surge and it'll cost plenty to replace all the on board electronics. Progressive Industries units are very popular. Link: Shop the internet for the best price.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #12
Smile Breaking/fixing

So as an update, here's a few things I've been doing:

1. Found a solar panel and controller that actually works and maintains the battery. Built a case for it that includes a chain and padlock!
2. Repaired a leak from the city water inlet. Replaced the 3/4 inch pipe with a smaller diameter and purchased a flow limiter.
3. Resealed all the windows.
4. Repaired 3 of the 4 floor vents.
5. Repaired the roof a/c unit facia.
6. Replaced the propane detector.
7. Figured out the sewage connector that makes the most sense.

I almost drove off with the chocks under the wheels and nearly pulled forward with only one weight distribution bar fitted.

Other than that......we've had 3 weekends away and each time we fall more and more in love with everything to do with camping.

Happy travels!

2006 Forest River Cherokee Lite Series M-28A 29' Slide
Dodge Durango Limited, 5.7l Hemi

The Missus, Monkey Boy, Little Bovva and Bogey the Boxer.
tigerbaywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
We have a 26BH and am looking to hook up solar. May I ask what solar panel and controller you found and use? Also, which surge protector if you don't mind sharing?

Sent from my XT1055 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mdriesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
Sorry I took so long getting back to you. I purchased a Coleman 12V Battery Charger which generates 18 watt/1.2 amps per hour. That translates to 58 amps over a 7 day period under ideal conditions. If your camper is a 2014, then you know that it plugs directly into the solor connection on your trailer. Otherwise, there are connectors to hook right on to the battery. Perfect for staying in National Parks. We haven't used ours yet, but we will this summer. It has a 5 year warranty and costs around $80. As to the surge protector, I don't have a clue. No one has suggested that to us at the dealer or anywhere else before you mentioned it. What have you heard?
tjcafarrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #15
Something I find helpful is making a list of all the little steps involved before driving off, such as safety chains, steps, etc. I also had another list of all the things to carry with me, like lug wrench, jack etc.

comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote