Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #1

I have a question!

My wife and I are looking at a Cherokee Wolf Pup 16bhs. As we were looking around, I noticed that there are several other names with the same floor plan, all made by Forest River. (Wildwood X-Lite 195bh, Coachmen Clipper 17bh, Etc.) what I was wondering was, is there a significant difference in construction? Are the materials used different on one model vs. the other? Any help would be great
Old 03-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #2

There is no significant difference. The differences are availability in certain areas/region, slight differences in floor plans/amenities, but as far a quality of materials and construction they will be the same.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you look around enough, you'll probably also find the same basic floor plan in non-FR brands as well. There's only so much uniqueness that can be done working of the same constrained space. Once one manufacturer figures out a new layout the others follow quickly.

Among the various options, you might find a difference in materials (I.e. Solid wood vs pressboard or aluminum vs fibreglass sides.) which will be reflected in things like the differences in weight, or the price. But overall, there's not really a way to compare differences in workmanship between the brands.

Your best bet is to compare your local dealers, and decide which one you want to work with from now on. Having a good dealer is crucial to getting good support. Once you know which dealer you like, you can compare the options between the brands that dealer carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the info guys. I just wanted to know for sure before I pulled the trigger on a camper.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #5
Site Team

FR and other RV manufacturers often have twin brands. same trailer but different outside graphics and interior decor. almost always made on the same assembly line.

but as Kaadk said, when you get to that small of a TT, you have very limited room to work with, especially when making a bunkhouse model that small.
you don't have enough room to move things around or add things.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #6

Go with a Rockwood, the quality is amazing
chaslorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslorr View Post
Go with a Rockwood, the quality is amazing
I second that!
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
Do It Yourselfer

The FlagStaff, Windjammer, and Rockwood come out of the same plant near Goshen. The only differences I've found was the interior trim and decor. Went thru the plant last year during the "Frog Rally", saw all three in various stages of production. Very interesting tour.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #9
Bae

we too were looking at a 16bhs. We got lucky and a used Rockwood 2306 Mini Lite with a murphy bed was turned in on a trade. we were able to see it before and after being cleaned. The quality of this one is so much better. We get to pick it up next week. Good luck finding one to fit your needs, took us a long time.
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote