Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #1

Inside TV factory mount missing? Or just poor QC?

My new 2019 wolf pup 16BHS came with an exterior TV bracket installed. I received the matching TV mounted slide in part from the dealer. Is there supposed to be a matching wall mount inside? Because there isn't.
I mounted an articulated arm mount to the cabinet by the door where all the antenna connections are after reinforcing that area. No power outlets there either, had to Velcro a surge suppressor there and route the cable to the outlet near the stovetop. Just another annoyance. I see in some earlier years there is a power outlet inside near the door.
Anyways, I thought I'd like to be able to put the TV outside. So I would need another "female" wall bracket to put the TV on inside in order to easily move it outside. The brackets are from International Paws and are rediculously priced for a small hunk of plastic via Amazon and EBay.
All in all, if no internal mount is supplied, I'd just as soon not have the extra holes in the siding from the external mount! I guess I can put a removable sign on using that mount for it to have some use.
Overall, I like my TT but there are a few simplistic design flaws, like no light in the upper bunk (unlike shown in Utube video reviews) and only two AC duplex outlets total inside, one near the stovetop and the other near the dinette forward seat back.

Metal shavings & wood chips on the floor and in the storage areas to start with, metal shavings trapped between the bed and dinette seat (had to use duct tape on a yardstick to get in there, tight), & then more blown out of the heater when first operated gives me real confidence in the Quality Control. Another example is the bottom plastic shield being sliced away 12" for the toilet downpipe install just left open and uninsulated. Great place for flying insects to nest. That I had to immediately correct using insulation and minimally expanding foam. While conducting my review of the undercarriage, I noted two significant areas of surface rust on the front frame corners like they had not painted that area completely to start with. That I treated with rust converter and will later spray paint over.

I'm 150 miles from the selling dealer or I would have had them deal with the above QC problems. A nearer dealer, 50 miles away, wanted $1600 more for a 2018 so I don't trust them too much either.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
Site Team

The floor plan doesn't show a standard tv and the website shows that a tv is an option.

The Wolf Pup is an entry level trailer line and many things that standard on higher-level lines, are options for the Wolf Pup.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The floor plan doesn't show a standard tv and the website shows that a tv is an option.

The Wolf Pup is an entry level trailer line and many things that standard on higher-level lines, are options for the Wolf Pup.
Understand that. I got the TT for what I consider a great price. It is the "limited" package. But why drill through the exterior shell & mount the female TV bracket and no bracket inside? The upper cabinet side has R/G/B/ video TV connections that run to the stereo, co-ax cable connections there & outside, and an amplified TV antenna topside. Just the TV itself is the option, everything else (almost) is there to connect a TV, I.e., a TV prep package.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, mount