Old 12-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #91

Out of the thousands ands thousands of units sold I would be curious to know the number the have numerous issues and those that have few to no issues......
We have had our Puma nearly four years now and we fall in the few to no issues............. & it was under 30K........ We always hear the bad but rarely the good.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #92

Again. You miss the point! That is the way it should be. That is what we should expect! Your philosophy is best shown with the quality issues Ford, GMC, and Chrysler had. Look where they are now! Course the reward was the Japaneze, Chinese, Germans and Korean cars we have now It is important to place a stronger emphasis on quality and customer service. Remember, we used to replace our cars at 3 years or 70 or 80,000 miles. Quality improvements have changed that big time! I had 30+ items on a $65K unit and several went 2 and 3 warranty return visits. Several were major mfg. Defects. We need quality improvement big time!!!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #93

Sorry no point missed here, I feel the quality of Ford, Chevy, Dodge is currently poor at best, they are right there with the RV companies.................
never replaced a car at 3 years or 80K ...... usually 10 years or 200K yes. You should see the quality issues we have at work with all models.......... The Jeep stays at the dealership for something its got 40K, The Chevys have had numerous issues including gas leaks at 80K or less........ if the big three have had improvement can't see it here..... then look at the recalls the big two have had....... My RV has had less issues.........

:Campfire:

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #94

The real problems I have had [am having] with my FR are safety problems and that is a huge deal to us. I don't mind leaky shower [mine doesn't] squeaky doors or drawer, knobs falling off or any other nitpick items. My problem is with intentionally under rated tires and axles for the POSTED maximum allowable CC. Our unit came with LRD tires that would not carry the posted max weight. Tires that scrape the wheel wells when you hit a bump. Axles that rotate only 15* when they should be using the 24* units only because of price and poor engineering.
Wiring harnesses, propane lines, water lines run right in front of the tire where a blowout will take out all of them. It's happened to me twice. Not once, twice. I have reported all the problems to the NHTSA, but haven't seen any changes. Just wanted to establish a tracible constructive reporting due diligence in case someone in my family is injured due to any of these problems.
Oh yes, all the TowMax tires that came on it in 2013 have exploded, including the spare. That's 5 tires in 2,000 miles.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #95

A constant problem we have is led's burning out.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:13 AM   #96
Toy Haulin' Full Time!

LEDs burning out? Sounds like a serious 12v power issue. That should not be happening.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #97

I see would think so, jus hope its not.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #98
Toy Haulin' Full Time!

Has anyone else had this problem? LEDs should last thousands of hours, and unlike filament based lighting, is not affected by the vibration caused going down the road. The only LEDs I have had burn out are the ones in the awning.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
A constant problem we have is led's burning out.
Make / Model / Year????

Thanks
Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 AM   #100

FWIW, I've not had a problem with my unit, it has been good. Would I buy a FR again - absolutely (based on my experience).

Trailers are no different that vehicles or appliances; when you sell millions of them there are bound to be some issues out there.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river