Old 12-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #61
we have a cedar creek silverback and we just love it, good insulation, structure and very sound. of course you have the little things, tv too tight against wall etc... but overall i cannot speak for company, but the 5th wheel we have is very good.

stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #62

You've posited an interesting question.... Does "cheaply" equate to "badly".... Opinions will vary. Pull out the drawers and look behind the veneer. You might be surprised at what you discover....

2012 Surveyor SP-240, Hobie Odyssey
Aspen 5.7L HEMI V8, Tekonsha P3
Blue Ox 1500 WDH with Sway Control
Barker 3500 Tongue Jack
DW & a feisty Border Terrier named Painter
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #63
If you had done some research before you bought, you'd have learned that FR doesn't make any true 4 season trailers.
You should have looked at brands like Arctic Fox, for a trailer designed for what you want.
Your correct , I was gullible and listened to the salesman tell me it is.
szabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #64
Forest River Gave me some love

I have owned 3 RV's in my long life...a 1978 Coachman Class C I used for 20 years while drag racing...not fancy but make my life at the track so much better...then a 2000 Class A Holiday Rambler...nice unit...few issues at first....corrected by dealer and myself...then this year my first Forest River...a 2015 Legacy 360RB....a great far since july 6000 miles without any serious issues...any ones I had I made the repair...only one small issue with the Cummins which was taken care at the Freightliner dealer...

Another post above mentioned lower price units because we as consumers want it...this is so true...lower price TV's, appliances, Cars so why not camping ...

I love mine...I better...I have a 15 year loan ahead...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12108738_10206462256268493_6329426226819043781_n.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	95994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2938.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	95995   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3017.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	95996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2942.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	95997  
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #65
I love mine

I have a 2015 Berkshire 400QL. We absolutely love it. A few small problems, but nothing major at all.

After the way I was treated at Goshen last August, if we ever do decide to buy another (we like this one so much, presently I don't anticipate that) I can't imagine anything other than another Forest River.

The Berkshire division rocks !!

Ken & Laurie
2015 Berkshire 400QL
2016 Chevy Colorado
Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #66
Have had 3 Forest River 5ers. 2 Flagstaff and currently a Palomino. Good floor plans but factory issues with finishing. Window coverings not attached ceiling lights falling off on maiden trips, etc. Make sure you have a good dealer who will take care of all the issues and be patient. Make sure everything is tried out and issues fixed before warranty runs out. Every trailer and motor home owner I have talked have the same problems, no matter how much was paid.
jrmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #67
I have owned two class A RVs. A Bounder 32H and my new Georgetown 335DS. We took delivery of the 335 last December and have put almost 8,000 miles on the unit. I had some items that didn't fully function and found that most of them were related to setups. I also needed a new furnace control board, a new LED strip under the awning and and some screws to firmly attach the shower stall to the wall. Frankly I can't blame them for anything but the shower stall and my dealer fixed that quickly.

These coaches are literally houses that go down the road. They have maybe 50 subsystems that come from 3rd party vendors and Forest River has stood behind me all the way. Sure the dealers don't like warranty work since they probably have a fixed labor rate and need to ask permission before starting. From my opinion my Georgetown is extremely well made and is a high quality product. Remember, the furnace that goes into a million dollar RV is often times the same unit that goes into a sub 100,000 dollar unit.

Finally, when I call the factory, they have been helpful and gracious at sending me things and provide fantastic response. Dealers are another thing.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #68
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
If you are Buying a NEW Forest River...

Don't forget that you can get a SECOND year of Coach Net at a deep discount. Just do it

Consider buying from a dealer who offers a "Lifetime Warranty." Our local dealer (Hood RV in Decatur, AL) offers this, and after talking it over with the owner, it looks to be a pretty good deal.
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #69

Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Don't forget that you can get a SECOND year of Coach Net at a deep discount. Just do it

Consider buying from a dealer who offers a "Lifetime Warranty." Our local dealer (Hood RV in Decatur, AL) offers this, and after talking it over with the owner, it looks to be a pretty good deal.
Not sure on who but we bought a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty that covers everything on our new unit...cost me $4100 but feel its worth it...Freighliner gave me 10 years engine and Allison trans warranty
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #70
I think in general the RV industry is similar to where the US auto makers were in the 70's as far as quality. I had some things on our trailer that never should have left the plant. However the manufacturer covered the repairs under warranty and did the repairs the more expensive way that I requested when they could have gone quick and dirty. While it would have been nice to not need the repairs I have to say I am satisfied with the outcome.

Where I think the RV industry fails is in the dealer networks. Unlike the automobile industry the RV manufacturers don't have much control over the dealers. The result is dealers refusing to work on units they didn't sell and inconsistent repair quality. This can be a real pain if you need warranty work away from home as the closest dealer might say no and you spend hours trying to find a repair person. I recall similar auto dealer mindsets back in the 60's but as part of the quality drive by the US automakers this was changed such that you can pretty much go to any dealer for service and expect similar results. Whether the RV industry is capable of this I don't know. RV's being wants more than needs does not give the same leverage to the manufacturers nor does the many different brands. Maybe with the consolidation that has been taking place the manufacturers will be able to apply more pressure on the dealers. I'll just have to wait and see.

2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river