Old 12-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Consider buying from a dealer who offers a "Lifetime Warranty." Our local dealer (Hood RV in Decatur, AL) offers this, and after talking it over with the owner, it looks to be a pretty good deal.
You might want to look into "warranty forever" a little more. It isn't as good as it's presented to be by a long shot. When you go to their website listed here, it only covers the specific components listed, which isn't much. Especially when you take into account what you have to pay yearly to have the required inspection done. Funny the inspection is done on items that the warranty does not even cover like the roof and sealants. Its a gimmick.
What's Covered - National Automotive Experts

Old 12-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #72

Dealers seem to be the biggest problem with RVs. There are good ones out there, but very hard to find. This is the reason I joined this Forum. I didn't care for work done elsewhere and had to redo myself. Since there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here you can learn. Just have to watch out for The Closet Comedians!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #73

Hey Blacknchromehd, Nice V-Nose Trailer!

2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS. Honda 2000i Genny, PI EMS-PT30C.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Hey Blacknchromehd, Nice V-Nose Trailer!

I like the garage!

Bruce
Old 12-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
You might want to look into "warranty forever" a little more. It isn't as good as it's presented to be by a long shot. When you go to their website listed here, it only covers the specific components listed, which isn't much. Especially when you take into account what you have to pay yearly to have the required inspection done. Funny the inspection is done on items that the warranty does not even cover like the roof and sealants. Its a gimmick.
What's Covered - National Automotive Experts
100% gimmick! If I went to a dealer that pushed this I would walk out...
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #76
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Funny how the many folks that have had their units a few months love them, and a lot of us that have had ours for a while are a little more vocal about problems. I lived in mine for 2 months and had no issues, when it was new. Now that it's 4 years old, there have been more than I care to remember. Most have been minor, but not all, and there have been some that should never have happened. I am talking about the unit, not the appliances or stuff that the factory installed. The basic unit is of pretty poor quality. I should know... I've spent a lot of time repairing it. That being said, the time I've spent in it has been worth the effort. I haven't sold it yet. I do my own repairs because I don't want to wait for a dealer to order parts, squabble with FR, and get it back in worse shape than when I delivered it up for repairs. I've read one too many horror stories about all of that. I'm convinced that my next one will cost more, look nicer, but will still be a pain in the arse...
My Cruise Lite TT is 5 years old and I'm still happy with it. During this time the p-tank pigtail & one awning arm has to be replaced. Even with this being an entry level trailer I have not had the issues that some have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Dealers seem to be the biggest problem with RVs. There are good ones out there, but very hard to find. This is the reason I joined this Forum. I didn't care for work done elsewhere and had to redo myself. Since there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here you can learn. Just have to watch out for The Closet Comedians!
I agree with you about dealers often being part of the problem. Either way I still feel bad for those owners dealing with big issues.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #77
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I like the garage!

Bruce
Looks like parked in a coliseum. Not bad. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #78

My dealer offers it, but there is no initial cost. If you want to go that way, just get the required services done annually.
I did some research and found the annual cost for everything they wanted serviced to make the "free" warranty a costly option and not a good investment.

I did not go that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #79
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
You need to take some time and read/understand some of the various posts on this forum and draw your own conclusions. Any single responses you receive here will be biased according to the experiences of the poster. Also, keep in mind that most of the posts made on forums are made by unhappy/dissatisfied owners. If folks made their decisions as to what to buy based on "forum traffic", there'd be a lot less RV's, cars, appliances, etc, purchased!!
My opinion is FR makes a decent RV and good value for the $$$. Most will agree here that the RV industry could use a major overhaul with their Quality System(s) as they are generally lacking!
WELL SAD!
Old 12-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #80

Purchased ours in July 2015 but never got to use it til Sept. Only had it out 3 times since then, all short trips and short stays. We do love ours- it has everything we wanted and the floor plan was exactly what we wanted. So far, so good. As far as build quality, I have looked at a few things and they seemed okay. It did take me a few minutes to find the water filter and heater bypass. Actually I was kind of impressed with the roof build quality. Anyway, wish us luck! So far, we LOVE our Rockwood!

RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river