Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #1

It's leaking!!!

I have a leak. When the main slider is closed it leaks in the corner towards the front of the TT. I find water on the inside corner of the slide out and on the floor of the in the same area. I marked it in red on the attached diagram. When the sldie is out, no leaks. Any ideas on what I should be looking at? The seal looks good, but somethings leaking. Is it o.k. to keep the slide out all winter with snow?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28A+ leak.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	538  

Bduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bduece View Post
Is it o.k. to keep the slide out all winter with snow?
I would'nt.

Your gaskets may be sealing fine with the slide out but with it in they may be binding. Have you cleaned the gaskets with a gasket cleaner lately? This may help them to slide easier and not bind while bringing the slide in.

greg

Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #3

I sprayed them with silicone. They flip in when the slide goes in, out when out. Is this correct?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #4

leaks

Here is an idea that I used and I found a leak I had in my roof.

Get a good size shop vac or two. Next figure out where you can insert the exhaust of each vac into the tt. Your goal is to put a positive pressure in your tt. I used one of my outside compartments that connected to the inside of the tt and made a template that covered the access door and acommodated the vac exhaust hoses. Then close up the tt as good as possible and turn the vacs on. Now get a spray bottle of soapy water and start spraying the areas you think it is leaking. You should start seeing large(or small) bubbles forming. Now, guess where your leak is??

There is actually some RV places that have a machine that they do the exact same thing to find leaks, but they charge an arm and a couple of legs!! If you had a smoke device that puts out little puffs of smoke you could even do the same thing from inside the tt.

Sounds strange but it does work. Take your time and be patient. I also found a leak in my neighbors kayak the same way!!

Good luck,

Paul B
2004 Twin 2000i Hondas'
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Maybe the slide is just out of adjustment. I had one like that and the dealer adjusted it so it closed tighter.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #6

I noticed that you have a skylight near the far corner of the slide out, you might want to check out the caulk on the roof, If water gets under the roof material it could run down to that corner of the slide out and in between the wall,that's if the camper is setting low in the front. As far as the seal leak, you can check this out at night with a flash light, hold a flash light inside or outside with help, you might able to see how wide the space is and maybe able to determine exactly where the leak is.... I hope you find it soon!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #7

My TT doesn't have the skylight and it only leaks water when the slide is closed.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #8

i would defintly check around the upper outside corner to make sure the bulb gasket is sealing.

i agree with pressurizing the coach, i had a coachman that was leaking thorugh the screws in teh trim.
good luck
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
What I find interesting is that, according to your diagram, the red spots are adjacent to each other when the slide is in. But, they are separated by the front wall and floor of the slide. I find this very confusing.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
What I find interesting is that, according to your diagram, the red spots are adjacent to each other when the slide is in. But, they are separated by the front wall and floor of the slide. I find this very confusing.
Me too. At first I was thinking that maybe the roof on the slide was leaking, but when I opened the slide it stopped. I look above the leak on the slide and there is no water above the wet spot under the cabinet. The inside wall is not wet on the slide.

Thank You

Tags
cherokee