Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #1

Just got her home 2019 26dbh

Love the work I know I’ve seen some people disspointed with the craftsmanship of these forest rivers but I took about 2 hrs and thoroughly looked mine over and outside of a spot where they missed drilling the screw into the frame I saw it in the back storage area where they would drill down the board under the bottom bunk all else was great. Doors fit snug, all the caulking and weatherstripping was there slide moved in and out great as well as the awning, finish on all the inside woodwork was fine, and my dealer noticed scuffs on the door where the outdoor fridge sits and they ordered a new one to have it replaced and frankly the “ damage” they noted wasn’t even a big deal to me so good on them. Can’t wait to go camping in her as we just upgraded from a 19’ kz no slide and we just outgrew it with a 4 and 5 yr old plus dog. And my 2013 f150 Towed it like it wasn’t even there, it has the 3.73 5L and handled it great with the blue ox I had them install. So we thought we were getting a 2018 as that’s what we looked at but in the end it was a 2019 version looks like the 2018 I viewed on you tube and at our camper show and there was no upcharge and it has the double shower hookups as I’ve seen some only have the one right by the outdoor fridge so that another b9nus. So far couldn’t be happier. Now hopefully the slide doesn’t leak as I’ve seen is common with this model but I plan on buy8ng a squeegee and making sure it’s totaly dry and clean before bringing it in and hopefully that’ll help
Olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #2

Here’s some pics.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #3

Don’t know why their not uploading pics. I’ll work On that. Sorry
Old 04-10-2018, 05:03 AM   #4

Congrats on the new camper.....Hopefully you get the picture uploading figured out.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #5

Congrats! We have a 2018 26dbh, the later model 2018 with the nicer steps, fireplace, and red stripe. We've had good luck so far.
decoy562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #6

I have the 2018 26DBH Limited. I'm curious to see what is different between the two model years.
Mmcglynn264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #7

Congrats on the new rig. Don't forget that a lot of folks who post on these forums are those with problems. Those (like my family) who are very happy with their FR product are out camping. I hope the new camper brings miles and years of good memories.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmasma View Post
Congrats on the new rig. Don't forget that a lot of folks who post on these forums are those with problems. Those (like my family) who are very happy with their FR product are out camping. I hope the new camper brings miles and years of good memories.

I agree. I love my FR. I am really happy with it and the quality. My happy place is simply camping!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olotti View Post
Don’t know why their not uploading pics. I’ll work On that. Sorry
Did you hit upload after pointing to them.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #10

Cherokee Grey Wolf Factory Tour pics

I toured the Cherokee Grey Wolf factory this past March. Click on the link to view the pictures on how the 26DBH is constructed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sNJszqiWEwCANqQ92
Barmstrong77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #11

Wishing you many happy trips in your 26DBH. We have a 2017 26DBH and have been very satisfied with it overall. It has made 4 roughly 1,000 mile round trips between Dayton, OH and Traverse City, MI and was kept in TC for 5-6 months last year while we stayed for several days and weeks. We did have the slide leak after our first trip when it snowed and all snow did not get removed before pulling in the slide. FR took are of it under warranty so we were pleased about that and have learned our mistake. Happy trails!!
jfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #12

I hope you and your family have many happy times in your new rig!! We bought ours so we could have the grand kids stay in the bunks. We have had some issues but I know that it is a price point trailer and fix what goes wrong. It will pay if your handy with basic plumbing and construction.

Happy travels!!
TTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmstrong77 View Post
I toured the Cherokee Grey Wolf factory this past March. Click on the link to view the pictures on how the 26DBH is constructed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sNJszqiWEwCANqQ92

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-11-2018, 05:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfender View Post
Wishing you many happy trips in your 26DBH. We have a 2017 26DBH and have been very satisfied with it overall. It has made 4 roughly 1,000 mile round trips between Dayton, OH and Traverse City, MI and was kept in TC for 5-6 months last year while we stayed for several days and weeks. We did have the slide leak after our first trip when it snowed and all snow did not get removed before pulling in the slide. FR took are of it under warranty so we were pleased about that and have learned our mistake. Happy trails!!

What was leaking and how did they fix? I live in NM and want too keep an eye out.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mch5jdm View Post
Great photos! Thanks for sharing!
Cool pics quite the assembly they have going on there.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #16

Congrats on the new TT, enjoy the camping.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #17

Hopefully this works sorry it’s sideways
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55A66B5A-2E31-4E56-9C03-438C989BE8D7.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	167898  
Old 04-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcglynn264 View Post
I have the 2018 26DBH Limited. I'm curious to see what is different between the two model years.
My guess from the research I’ve done is that my trailer has all the specs of the later 18’ models here just now the 19’ model. I have the upgraded front step, red stripe, small outdoor fridge with two burners which I understand came in on the later 18’ models, I also have the double outdoor shower heads one on each side so that’s cool too otherwise the 19’ looks exactly like the 18’ on the inside with all the led lights and usb chargers
Old 04-12-2018, 04:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olotti View Post
My guess from the research I’ve done is that my trailer has all the specs of the later 18’ models here just now the 19’ model. I have the upgraded front step, red stripe, small outdoor fridge with two burners which I understand came in on the later 18’ models, I also have the double outdoor shower heads one on each side so that’s cool too otherwise the 19’ looks exactly like the 18’ on the inside with all the led lights and usb chargers
Thanks for the update. Mine is the later version. Ordered it in October. I took possession of it in December. Mine has all the upgrades that you mentioned. Plus a few more I added myself. Like a sliding silverware drawer, rolling drawer under double bunk, a hardwired surge protector and soon, a wine rack in the pantry closet. [emoji6]
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcglynn264 View Post
Thanks for the update. Mine is the later version. Ordered it in October. I took possession of it in December. Mine has all the upgrades that you mentioned. Plus a few more I added myself. Like a sliding silverware drawer, rolling drawer under double bunk, a hardwired surge protector and soon, a wine rack in the pantry closet. [emoji6]
Can u pm me on how you added the sliding silverware drawer and rolling drawer under the bunks. In our old camper due to its small size it had four stacked sliding drawers under the sink and I know that was a nice place to stash all the small stuff.

Tags
26dbh