Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Troy, MO
Posts: 26
Knob fell off Change-over valve

I have a Grey Wolf 26DBH and the knob/indicator fell off the propane change-over valve. I have no idea where it went. Is there any way to find just the missing part? I really hate to spend $50 to replace the whole thing when it is just the knob.

Cavagna 924N
__________________

mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 21,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I have a Grey Wolf 26DBH and the knob/indicator fell off the change-over valve. I have no idea where it went. Is there any way to find just the missing part? I really hate to spend $50 to replace the whole thing when it is just the knob.
Just to be clear, I assume you are referring to the "propane" automatic changeover valve?

If so, there are different manufacturers, and models. We would need some more details in order to help.

Does it resemble any in this FAQ:

Propane automatic changeover regulator
__________________

__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Words are powerful.
Choose them good.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I have a Grey Wolf 26DBH and the knob/indicator fell off the change-over valve. I have no idea where it went. Is there any way to find just the missing part? I really hate to spend $50 to replace the whole thing when it is just the knob.
Go to a hardware store and see what you can find. NOT HD or Lowes. Think outside the box. I can be round like a water faucet. Just paint a white line on it.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Troy, MO
Posts: 26
It is the Cavagna 924 N.
mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
It is the Cavagna 924 N.

You have to contact the regulator manufacturer for that. not FR.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Sometimes it really is better to replace than to try and fix something...

You are dealing with something that can explode!

Do yourself a favor and either go buy a new one (perhaps a better one), or maybe it might still be covered under your warranty.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Troy, MO
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Just to be clear, I assume you are referring to the "propane" automatic changeover valve?

If so, there are different manufacturers, and models. We would need some more details in order to help.

Does it resemble any in this FAQ:

Propane automatic changeover regulator
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Sometimes it really is better to replace than to try and fix something...

You are dealing with something that can explode!

Do yourself a favor and either go buy a new one (perhaps a better one), or maybe it might still be covered under your warranty.
This is just a cover. It doesn't hold any part of the regulator together. Cheap piece of plastic. The mechanical parts of the regulator are fine.
mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #8
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 21,413
A quick google search didn't turn up anything of assistance. Maybe someone else will have more success. Sorry
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Words are powerful.
Choose them good.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,237
Here is the manufacturer

Cavagna Group - Advanced solutions for gas control - Official Website
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Troy, MO
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
A quick google search didn't turn up anything of assistance. Maybe someone else will have more success. Sorry
I sent an email to the manufacturer's website. We'll see how that goes. I was just hoping someone else may have had the same issue and found a solution. If not, I'll be buying a new one.
mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #11
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 21,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I sent an email to the manufacturer's website. We'll see how that goes. I was just hoping someone else may have had the same issue and found a solution. If not, I'll be buying a new one.

As shown in the FAQ link, I provided. ..there are other manufacturers of these. You may can find a better deal on a different kind if you have to replace the whole assembly.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Words are powerful.
Choose them good.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I sent an email to the manufacturer's website. We'll see how that goes. I was just hoping someone else may have had the same issue and found a solution.

If not, I'll be buying a new one.
Think about upgrading to a better one if you do have to buy one...

If this happened to your first one...chances are it will happen to the next one, too!

I just had to replace mine a couple of months ago and am I glad I did!

Got mine from a specialized propane dealer...cost me $65 bucks installed at my RV site!

This is my new one:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerNewLPregulator-P3191817.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	169324  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
jtesta1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Valencia Pa
Posts: 602
Check Amazon
jtesta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Sometimes it really is better to replace than to try and fix something...

You are dealing with something that can explode!

Do yourself a favor and either go buy a new one (perhaps a better one), or maybe it might still be covered under your warranty.
X2^^ this is not the time to economize. You are dealing with a potentially deadly issue. Splurge for the $50.00

Actually less than 30 at ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-A...lXG85~&vxp=mtr

I have had one like this for years, NO issues at all
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #15
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
X2^^ this is not the time to economize. You are dealing with a potentially deadly issue. Splurge for the $50.00

Actually less than 30 at ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-A...lXG85~&vxp=mtr

I have had one like this for years, NO issues at all
That looks the same, but not the same brand.

Mine is a Marshall...made in Marshall, Michigan.

I suppose that Ebay one might be made by Marshall...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:31 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Troy, MO
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
X2^^ this is not the time to economize. You are dealing with a potentially deadly issue. Splurge for the $50.00

Actually less than 30 at ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-A...lXG85~&vxp=mtr

I have had one like this for years, NO issues at all
No, it isn't a deadly issue. It is a piece of plastic that was held on with a set screw. It has nothing to do with the internals. The unit is still sealed and nothing that hold pressure is damaged or missing. I'd rather keep the one missing the knob than put the cheapest Chinese version on there.

Your reasoning here is like saying you need to buy a new car because the hub cap fell off.
mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
No, it isn't a deadly issue. It is a piece of plastic that was held on with a set screw. It has nothing to do with the internals. The unit is still sealed and nothing that hold pressure is damaged or missing. I'd rather keep the one missing the knob than put the cheapest Chinese version on there.

Your reasoning here is like saying you need to buy a new car because the hub cap fell off.
My guess is that the one you have is probably made in China.

My new Marshall is made in the US of A.
__________________

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
valve

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.


×