Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #1

Largest Television size

Somewhat of a longshot here, but I wanted to know what's the biggest TV that I could use in my 274DBH on the rock wall with the mounts that were provided. I have tried a 22" and next will try a 32", but was wondering if a 40 or 42 inch would work.

What size television is most common?

Please share.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Halifax, Massachusetts
Whiskey Priest 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #2

I had a 26DBH and bought a bigger TV. I could NOT simply go by advertised size, such as 39 inch, or 32 inch. I had to either measure physically or read closely the actual physical dimensions. We ended up with a 39" Phillips which barely fit in the space. The mounts were useless though......we drilled holes in the wall and put in a strong mount.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
The mounts were useless though......we drilled holes in the wall and put in a strong mount.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the fence about these mounts that come installed in the TTs. I think tthey're perfect for 22 inch and below, but what if you wanted a bigger TV, I think you would run into having to replace the mount because of not being able to slide the TV on to it. Not enough ceiling clearance. I do like the mobile aspect of the mount. I like being able to swap the TV from inside the trailer to outside the trailer very easily.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts
Old 07-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

Hey there,

Exactly the troubles that I had. I wanted a large TV there, but could not fit the 42 inch I bought due to not being able to slide the TV into the mount. TV wasn't going anywhere, so the mount was out. Purchased a new mount off of Amazon, and my 42 inch fit beautify. I own a 2016 274DBH.
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Hey there,

Exactly the troubles that I had. I wanted a large TV there, but could not fit the 42 inch I bought due to not being able to slide the TV into the mount. TV wasn't going anywhere, so the mount was out. Purchased a new mount off of Amazon, and my 42 inch fit beautify. I own a 2016 274DBH.
Could you please share which mount you bought? Just purchased a 32" Vizio to put in my 2017 26DBH today.
Moellerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

32 in our 26dbh. Used a mount from Amazon that articulates. Made a bracket from wood to use the paw mount so I could still use it in the bedroom or, dare I say outdoors. I agree to measure the TV.. At best buy a 32" was not always 32" od.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

I successfully hung a 32" with a chest hair of space to spare. I would guess 32" is the maximum size possible.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts
Old 07-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moellerdan View Post
Could you please share which mount you bought? Just purchased a 32" Vizio to put in my 2017 26DBH today.
Hello...

Sure, for the living wall, I purchased the following mount (Orbital 12" to 39" TV Wall Mount Adjustable Tilt). Although it says up to 39 inch, the TV is light and it works great See photo below.

Also put a 24 inch TV - DVD combo in the bedroom, see additional photos..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	750
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	113623   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	1314
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	113624   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	822
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	113625  
Old 07-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Hello...

Sure, for the living wall, I purchased the following mount (Orbital 12" to 39" TV Wall Mount Adjustable Tilt). Although it says up to 39 inch, the TV is light and it works great See photo below.

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Moellerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Hello...

Hi DMACALLI,

Thanks for sharing these photos. Do you mind if I ask how you went about mounting the TV in the bedroom so that the doors still close? Also, I'm not sure about your model, but in mine, they use crappy A/V connections rather than HDMI. I am able to rig my TV by just using the yellow video connection but was hoping to do something of better quality like HDMI. Any input or thoughts on that? Also considering replacing the main head unit with something slightly more modern and something that will allow blue ray playback.
jhenretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenretta View Post
Hi DMACALLI,

Thanks for sharing these photos. Do you mind if I ask how you went about mounting the TV in the bedroom so that the doors still close? Also, I'm not sure about your model, but in mine, they use crappy A/V connections rather than HDMI. I am able to rig my TV by just using the yellow video connection but was hoping to do something of better quality like HDMI. Any input or thoughts on that? Also considering replacing the main head unit with something slightly more modern and something that will allow blue ray playback.

Hello,

TV in the bedroom between the doors. I purchased a wall mount off of Amazon (NBL 100-M Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount) and did not need to worry about attaching any wood, just right on to the wall right between the doors. I knew the TV backer was there for certain as it is virtually the exact same spot as the 42 inch on the other side of the wall. Worked absolutely great! This wall mount has a thin base that fits perfectly between the doors when they are open. The TV/DVD that we purchased for the bedroom is extremely light (under 5 pounds I think), so zero issues with weight.

Ours has the AV connections as well, no HDMI. I bought high quality connection cables which makes the quality good. I don't have any issues with it at all.

I believe our main unit in the living area allows for blue ray and for sure blue tooth, so unfortunately can't really comment.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #12

Television in BR

I've got a 2014 Rockwood 2604WS. I want to install a TV in the BR. I want a larger TV...looking for guidance on size specifically as it relates to max weight for stock mounting location. I'm thinking a TV in the 32-40' range but as noted am Leary about weight.

Thx
Dave
Ddfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Priest 6 View Post
Somewhat of a longshot here, but I wanted to know what's the biggest TV that I could use in my 274DBH on the rock wall with the mounts that were provided. I have tried a 22" and next will try a 32", but was wondering if a 40 or 42 inch would work.

What size television is most common?

Please share.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts
Hello we have a vizio 43" yes an uncomon size in our 274dbh used the standard mount and we are able to slide it out to put outside it is very sturdy and we never remove it while traveling.
slickstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickstre View Post
Hello we have a vizio 43" yes an uncomon size in our 274dbh used the standard mount and we are able to slide it out to put outside it is very sturdy and we never remove it while traveling.

Do you know what model it is? Want to try to get it ahead of time and surprise the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BostonTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #15

Television size

I put in a 32" Samsung in our 274DBH and used the factory mount. It just barely makes it onto the mount. Also was a little hard with the cable connections in the back. My only problem is with the Furrion DVD player, acts up about an hour into any DVD played. I thought it might have been a faulty DVD, scratched/dirty or something like that. But have since verified it was the DVD player by using brand new DVD's. Only have had my TT since last August. I told dealer about my concern, and they have ordered a replacement for it no question asked. I'm amazed slickstre got a 43" Visio to fit on the stock mount. My Samsung is about 39" with the border around the screen. That Visio must be all screen. I have never taken mine to the outside mount, it was hard enough getting it hung on the inside. Interesting reading, thanks to all who posted.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #16
RND

We have a 32" and it's just fine, inside and out. Don't watch much TV while we are camping so this was perfect for us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2012 Polaris Sportsman 500
2009 Yamaha Yz250f
RND is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television