Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #21

Hey Hob, how did you get the "old fart" description under your name? I am jealous, I want to be an old fart too!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Hob

You have at least 15 years before you can assume that lofty title in earnest.

However here are the steps.
1. Click on "User CP" - on light green line under the search box at top of page
2. On Control Panel on left click on "Edit your details"
3. Go down to "Optional Info"
4. Find "custom user title"
5. Type in what you want to appear there.
6. Go clear to bottom of page and click on "Save Changes"

That should be all there is to it.

Best Regards,
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Isn't it strange that Lippert frames under many 5th wheels are junk and their jacks are too? That tells me Lippert makes junk. I bought a 2011 V-Lite because of it being a straight pull which made me feel a little better about the frame. Lo and behold, the frame under it was a Dexter before Lippert got ahold of them to ruin the Dexter name too. Lippert is really making a name for themselves with their frame and jack problems.
Lippert's big problem is they need to get better control of their suppliers and force their suppliers to produce better products and force them to provide certifications that whatever is shipped meets the specifications stated on the drawings.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #24

Now dunnnc, you're an Old Coot! How did you get that distinction? Old Fart, Old Coot, I'm missing something!

Getting back to the drawing; ever put something together that was made in China? The drawing is worthless, just use your immagination. Sometimes I think the quality control folks weren't using theirs when it comes to designing useful products.

Kind of like going to Mcdonalds and getting a bag full of food, 10 packages of ketchup and salt/pepper and not even 1 napkin!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #25

My toggle switch on my lippert jack failed within the first year. I was happy they sent me an entire new jack instead of just a rocker switch. I still located a new rocker switch at the local marine supply and fixed it that way. Now the motor seems to have some dead spots and I manually need to turn it a quarter turn or so to get it going. The good news is when this initial one fails I have another entirely new lippert jack, the bad news is that one is probably a piece of junk too and will only last a year or two. So do I go through the pain of swapping it out and put a free lippert jack in or buy a good one and only replace it once?

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
My toggle switch on my lippert jack failed within the first year. I was happy they sent me an entire new jack instead of just a rocker switch. I still located a new rocker switch at the local marine supply and fixed it that way. Now the motor seems to have some dead spots and I manually need to turn it a quarter turn or so to get it going. The good news is when this initial one fails I have another entirely new lippert jack, the bad news is that one is probably a piece of junk too and will only last a year or two. So do I go through the pain of swapping it out and put a free lippert jack in or buy a good one and only replace it once?
I have exactly the same problem with my Lippert tongue jack. Lippert company rep says that the jack cannot be repaired and must be replaced (this year is start of the third camping season with this trailer/jack). I requested an exploded drawing/parts list so I could repair it myself, and was told "We do not manufacture the tongue jack, so parts or drawing is not available.", and they would not tell me who manufacturer was - somewhere in China, perhaps ?? They did offer me a replacement at a SLIGHTLY reduced price.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Hob

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
I have exactly the same problem with my Lippert tongue jack. Lippert company rep says that the jack cannot be repaired and must be replaced (this year is start of the third camping season with this trailer/jack). I requested an exploded drawing/parts list so I could repair it myself, and was told "We do not manufacture the tongue jack, so parts or drawing is not available.", and they would not tell me who manufacturer was - somewhere in China, perhaps ?? They did offer me a replacement at a SLIGHTLY reduced price.

...VTX-Al
Sounds like Lippert is getting in practice for answering questions about frames cracking too. Maybe they will offer everyone with a cracked frame a new frame at a slightly reduced price. Rah, rah Lippert industries. Sure am glad nobody crawled under the lippert frame I traded in.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
I was flip-flopping between your two choices but have to say I'm so glad that my problem electric tongue jack is a thing of the past.

Good luck with your choice.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al

...VTX-Al
Yes, I couldn't believe they sent me an entire new jack for a broken toggle switch just because the switch broke under the 1 year warranty. Piece of cake to replace. Four long screws from underneath the head to separate the main body. Note the wire colors and orientation of the toggle switch. Slide the spades off and leave the wires/spades hanging out. Put the case back together. Then slide the wires/spades on the new switch, put a little silicone around the frame of the toggle, snap it in and wipe the excess silicone off.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #30

2011Gray Wolf 26rl

Lippert Tongue Jacks are a total joke.. Having a 3rd. jack put on my 2011 Gray Wolf that was purchased new, less then a year ago. This my first and last FR product that I will ever own... what a piece of junk...It looks pretty though. but I'm going to have it repainted yellow, it's such a nice color for a lemon.
amdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdisc
Lippert Tongue Jacks are a total joke.. Having a 3rd. jack put on my 2011 Gray Wolf that was purchased new, less then a year ago. This my first and last FR product that I will ever own... what a piece of junk...It looks pretty though. but I'm going to have it repainted yellow, it's such a nice color for a lemon.
Because of the jack ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #32

Oh, the jack is just a minor problem, this thing has had frame problems, electrical problems, it had the roof totally replaced, the awning had problems, the electric stabilizers has been re-worked, then replaced, the ac/heat has had to be repaired..
Do yu need to know more?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Here's the deal man
You've only started one post since you've been on this forum ranting about this and that with your trailer.
Not once that I can see you posted anything about having three jacks put on.
Until today
I've yet to see a complete list of all your issues.
One post you say this is wrong and another you say thats wrong etc etc.
Aside from the electrical portion and frame (which I couldn't find what that problem was on the frame not to mention forest river does not make it either) most of the items wrong with your trailer are not MADE by forest river and in fact only installed by forest river .
Do you think that other rv manufactures don't use the same products ?

Please list ALL your issues in a new post then refer others to that post if you so choose.
Your beating a dead horse here.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Oh, the jack is just a minor problem, this thing has had frame problems, electrical problems, it had the roof totally replaced, the awning had problems, the electric stabilizers has been re-worked, then replaced, the ac/heat has had to be repaired..
Do yu need to know more?
Yes !
Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #35

Doesent matter,,, It's still a product that FR supports..
By the way your the one that ask the question, all I did was give you an answer. also they did install the roof.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

kind of funny you wont start a new post with ALL your issues !
seems you just want to piggy back on other peoples threads complaining and not helping as you did this thread .
please go buy something else and I hope you have no issues with it .
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #37

Before you state things that you know nothing about, do some research:
Have a look at this link
Brand New Rig burnt to a crisp. - iRV2 Forums
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdisc View Post
Before you state things that you know nothing about, do some research:
Have a look at thi link
Brand New Rig burnt to a crisp. - iRV2 Forums
i did look at the stupid link ....... again has nothing to do with you .
im done
future posts from you are blocked
have a great day .
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #39

It;s kind of hard to buy something else when the exisiting unit has been in the service dept. for months and months..
Old 09-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #40

After reading a couple pages, I found the culprit. The Fire Alarm went off after the fire went through the roof! Must have been a Chinese battery in it.

Now, I know things happen for unforseen reasons. Had a tornado total my house in 1998. After inspection later, some of the nails,in places, holding the decking on my roof had not all been nailed into the rafters. Sure that contributed to my roof flying off, but the tornado had done the damage anyway. I didn't, for a second, hold the contractor liable for not nailing the nails in better or not putting hurricane straps on my rafters. That's what I pay insurance for.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the poster's problems. But there are ways to fix everything.

MAN HAS NEVER MADE ANYTHING THAT LASTS FOREVER.