Old 01-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
Your signage say your in the middle of the swamp so I'm sure keeping the humidity down is a task. The AC's operate easier if you can keep it below 50% and of course molds won't grow if it's cold. Ceramic heaters cause your RV to drawn in moisture (no air flow). I run a dehumidifier when the windows are closed/ceramic heater is on. I have a weather station that tells me the humidity inside and out.

Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Many details here match my own situation. 18'x40' with 12' legs. My roof is white "vertical roof" panels... open gables... metal panels on each side from eaves down 6' which leave 6' open sides at the bottom. I am amazed how much cooler the trailer is under this shed than when parked out in the Texas sun. Our humidity is not generally as high as it is in the middle of the swamp but when I'm working out in the sun and heat, I've been known to go under my shed and sit on the steps of my trailer to cool off!

Attachment 68773
This is the type of structure we have seen (All over the USA) it works well for( Sun or Snow load)! Youroo!!

youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #13
I lined a carport type cover with Reflective roll material. The stuff is magic. The 3 layer foil/bubble/foil is easy to work with.
woozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #14
Wink RV Carport

Originally Posted by jennileann View Post
New here, sorry if this has been asked before or just a dumb question. I have been living in a fifth wheel for 2 years now ever since Hurricane Isaac took my house. And the ability to rebuild just is not there. The fifth wheel I purchased was very used and worn, but glad I had something to put over my head. I've been shopping for a new travel trailer and I really like the Cherokee destination models. But living in a travel trailer full time I've learned just how much they can deteriorate. My question is, can I purchase one of those very high metal carports and park the trailer under it and still "run" it. I have scoured the internet and have come up with nothing. Again like I said, new to this, and full time rv living so I'm still learning all the ins and outs. Thanks!!!!

The carport is open on the front and back and retains little to no heat in the middle of the day. It will greatly extend your RV life and protect it from rain ingress as well as UV rot on the roof of the RV. They will also greatly lower your HVAC requirements in the middle of summer. They are the single best thing you can do for your RV.
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
What is augmentation fan for the fridge , and where do you get them?

GME2279 is offline   Reply With Quote

cover, trailer, travel, travel trailer