Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #1

looking at 2017 grey wolf 26 dbh have few questions also looking for reviews/comments

Hello my wife and I are close to purchasing a 2017 grey wolf 26dbh limited. After looking at lots of RV's I was sold on the grey wolf as it checked all boxes except having a "thermal or winter " package I'm not sure if it has it as I wasn't looking for it at the time. Does anyone know if it it comes with any of the packages or even available?
Also any reviews or feedback would be greatly appreciated,

I should mention we live in Alberta, Canada.

Thanks in advance!
Dmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Love ours, no idea about the winter package.. Not many rvs are truly four season. Might be able to add tank heaters but our under belly is not heated.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #3

We just got one last weekend. Works well since we have 3 kids. Had it out one with no issues yet. Hoping it stays that way. Not familiar with a thermal package option
dhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #4

We have the 2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH and it has been a great camper with the kids. Only had minor issues like one of the ceiling speakers came loose and they forgot to take a shipping screw out of the DVD/Stereo so it would not allow a DVD to fully insert.

I would recommend getting a separate TV for outside that way the kids could watch their stuff inside and you watch outside at the same time. We use ours to watch football games in the fall outside with fellow campers.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #5

Oh that's good idea the 2 tvs thanks for the input it's much appreciated
Dmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #6
King of trial and error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmart View Post
Hello my wife and I are close to purchasing a 2017 grey wolf 26dbh limited. After looking at lots of RV's I was sold on the grey wolf as it checked all boxes except having a "thermal or winter " package I'm not sure if it has it as I wasn't looking for it at the time. Does anyone know if it it comes with any of the packages or even available?

Thanks in advance!
I have a 2017 26dbh and not sure what qualifies as the winter or thermal package but mine is equipped with the tank heaters and the bottom is closed up and insulated. I was told to get a heated water supply line and we'd be fine camping 4 season in Colorado up at altitude. We haven't tested that yet but gearing up to in another year. Great trailer for our family of four, only noticed the fabric on the booth is going to need to be replaced next year. Seams are coming apart from the wear and tear of one year.
kjyeutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingTrain View Post
We have the 2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH and it has been a great camper with the kids. Only had minor issues like one of the ceiling speakers came loose and they forgot to take a shipping screw out of the DVD/Stereo so it would not allow a DVD to fully insert.

I would recommend getting a separate TV for outside that way the kids could watch their stuff inside and you watch outside at the same time. We use ours to watch football games in the fall outside with fellow campers.
Do you have a satellite package for your camper? How do you watch two separate channels? Do you have a splitter set up?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmart View Post

Thanks in advance!

After months of research, dozens of RV shows and hitting several dozens of RV lots, we purchased our 2017 26DBH about a month ago. The length and floor plan really fits our needs for a family of four. Unfortunately we're battling a small leak from the slide when the slide is closed. The dealer and the manufacturer have been wonderful and we're hopping the final fix will be the final fix. I'm confident the leak will be a non issue soon. It won't stop me from pushing the Grey Wolf as I really thinks it's a good trailer.

You'll be happy with it, no doubt! Enjoy

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
smnavalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #9

I have a 26RR (toy hauler version of the 26bdh) and it is a great unit, but it won't withstand Canadian winters. We are about to full time in ours, and I experimented this winter to see what froze. I wrapped all the pipes I could with insulation and added another heater outlet under the shower (where the toilet line goes and the lines to the hot water heater) to keep everything warm there. We had about a week of sub-freezing temps (10-20f) and the thing that froze was the pump pickup on the bottom of the fresh tank. This is exposed and you can't insulate it (the fresh water drain is Teed off if it). Using a heat lamp helped, but the best solution was to use a heated hose and drip the faucets.

Ours also has the heated and insulated tanks...so while the tanks never froze, the exposed lines did within a week. Since Canada is colder longer, I don't think you will be able to use the camper in that cold. The camper itself stayed warm enough with a space heater and the furnace, we just couldn't use the water.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:24 PM   #10

Some videos on you tube that cover this topic. Most thermal/artic/winter packages are nothing but an enclosed underbelly. A marketing ploy to sell campers. Unless you have a high end unit rated as "4 season"

My unit has the sticker on the side and I dont think it equals anything but the plastic underbelly liner and my heat ducks are in the floor not the cabinet so they call it a "heated underbelly"

will help in colder weather but defiantly not rated for year round winter camping.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #11

I have had my 26dbh for about three months. I really like the layout and the look of the trailer but I have had some issues.
1 the slide out was getting stuck and I had to have a mechanic come out to work on it. The module that controls the slide motors had to be reset and it still has some issues when coming in. It usually takes two or three try's of back and forth to get it to come in.
2. I have two new interstate 12v batteries running in conjunction. If left on the trailer when being stored they drain in three days. Dealer said that is normal????? They said I need to install a kill switch or unhook them every time.
3. The lock for the main door gets stuck and I am only using the dead bolt lock because it is a pain.
4. When it was delivered to me in CA the water pump was not working properly. After looking around found the clamp to water line from pump was loose and was sucking air.

Hope this helps and any feedback would be appreciated.
JRad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf