Old 05-06-2019, 06:32 AM   #1

Low point drain relocation

I have a 19 Alpha Wolf and the low point drains are located about 18" under trailer as well as the fresh tank drain. I would like to relocate these. I was thinking about a 90 degree fitting and running some new pex to the side of the trailer. Has anybody done this? looking for some pics

ChrisMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:12 AM   #2

Shouldn't be difficult at all and wouldn't create any issues unless you're standing in front of them when you open the valve.

TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:42 AM   #3

I am getting ready to do this relocation and it dawned on me. This is a pressure system for the low point drains. I had planned to use hose clamps and slide on fittings. I am guessing I need to use true pex fittings.

thoughts?
Old 05-29-2019, 07:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMoore View Post
I am getting ready to do this relocation and it dawned on me. This is a pressure system for the low point drains. I had planned to use hose clamps and slide on fittings. I am guessing I need to use true pex fittings.

thoughts?
I've done hose clamps on our old trailer and they did fine. Had a leak at a faucet and it was from the Crimp clamp on the pex. Shark Bite fittings would also work. Tank drain has no pressure, so you're good to go there.
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:24 AM   #5

This should be an easy fix for you. I added a pvc ball valve to the hot and another to the cold side for the low point drains. I think it is the 3/4" size, but I dont remember exactly. I unscrewed the cap on the drain and brought it to lowes and found the right size valve. Then just screwed the valve onto the existing drain pipe. Now whenever I want to drain the system I just flip the valve. I just assume all of the low point drains have the threaded caps that can easily be replaced with a valve.

Because the valves are threaded, you can run a new pex hose or pvc pipe from the valve to where ever you want the water to drain. I had considered doing the same to get all of the water to drain out the rear of the trailer, but my drains are already 3 quarters of the way to the back so I just left them as is. It takes about 5 minutes to swap them out, and if you run a longer drain pipe it would only add a few more minutes but it was surprisingly simple.

Old 05-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #6

this is how I modified our freshwater tank drain, ... got tired of crawling under the tt to get to the factory valve, ... the flex hose is very easy to work with, the hose valve on the end allows me to attach a hose to drain the water away from the parking site if I want to do that, ... no suggestion about your low point drains
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0857.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	205810   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0860.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	205811   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0861.jpg
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	205812   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0867.jpg
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	205813   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0863.jpg
Size:	492.7 KB
ID:	205814  

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #7

I did the majority of the work last night. I cut the pex near the floor, installed 90 fittings, ran new lines to the edge of the trailer and installed ball valves. I need to attach to the frame tonight and will be done. The biggest thing was getting the lines to the edge of the trailer so I am not crawling underneath

Tags
cat, drain, location