Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #1

Manual Specific to the Arctic Wolf 305ML6

Is there any way to get a manual that is specific to the Arctic Wolf 305ML6? I have questions like which waste valve controls which tank(s), Control Center, etc. I have asked my dealer, and they do not have a manual and they are unsure of answers. All I can find are generic manuals for 5th Wheels.
lwakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Sorry to say but there isn't a manual specific to any FR trailer. They print up a generic copy to go along with the trailer.

You don't say if the trailer is new or used.

If used, you may not have gotten all the documents supplied with the 5th wheel when it was bought new. In this case you will have to take a couple of hours and locate the labels on all the appliances and write down the manufacturer and model numbers. By 'appliances' I mean everything including the levelers/stabilizers, awnings, slide-out mechanisms, power distribution center, air conditioner(s), furnace, water heater, etc. Many of the documents can be found in the Library section on the green bar at the top of each forum page, I suggest you browse the library anyway because there is a lot of information that you won't get from the dealer. What you cannot find in the library you can find on the appliance manufacturers website. Many times you will find service manuals there, too.

I did the above when I bought mine new and had received the original documents. I keep the originals in the TT and have the downloaded documents on my laptop at home. I made a spreadsheet with LibreOffice which includes all the info for my TT.

Hope this gives you someplace to start and Welcome to the forum.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #3

Manuals Supplied Very Generic

We bought it new and the manuals for the appliances are there, but the manual for the Travel Trailer itself is very generic. I just looked in the Library for information on the Waste Water Tanks and nothing. I hate to find stuff like that out on trial and error. It could be messy!

2018 Arctic Wolf 305ML6
2017 GMC Denali HD
lwakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

Since you have a rear kitchen, do you have 2 grey water tanks?

The toilet is usually above the black tank, though some may not be gravity dump straight down into the tank.
If you can see where the valves are attached to the pipes, the larger pipe is for the black water tank. Some trailers have the bathroom sink connected to the black tank.

One of the best and cleanest ways to find out which valve dumps the black tank is to get a full hook-up site. Get a piece of clear pipe such as this, https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39572-C.../dp/B00192KZQ2. Hook up your sewer hose and using the black tank flush run some water in and then close/open the valves one at a time to see which one the water comes from. Don't let yourself get distracted while doing it other wise you may find a bigger mess than you bargain for.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

Yep no specific manuals for the TT. I just waited until the first dump I figured out what tanks were where...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Just get yourself a 4" ring binder and collect all the manuals the dealer gave you. Then identify which ones are missing (i.e. the microwave). For each of those missing ones, look at the model number and go to the particular mfg. website where you can download the manual from (some have 2, 1 for operation and 1 for install).

After you've collected all your missing ones, consider printing them. If your printer accommodates 2 sided printing, use it. Your manual collection can get pretty big. Some manuals came from the Mfg, some came from options I purchased.

I leave the manual in the trailer when I travel and it's been a real help in troubleshooting those occasional mysterious faults (i.e. heater won't autolight). Here's what I ended up in my home-built binder:

1) A/C units
2) Furnace
3) Power Converter
4) Microwave
5) Hot Water Heater
6) Refrigerator
7) Gas Stove
8) Suspension System
9) LCI Ground Control 3 Auto Lift
10) Electric Awning
11) Electric Slide Toppers
12) Slide mechanicals
13) Dexter Axles
14) Electric Brakes
15) Rubber Roof
16) TV Antenna and Amplifier
17) Fuse Panel
18) Fifth Wheel Hitch Manual
19) Pinbox manual
20) FURRION Rear camera manual
21) FURRION Radio/Sound system
22) Electric Fireplace
23) Outdoor Grill
24) Propane tanks and regulators
25) Sureflo Waterpump Install and Maint
26) King Satellite Dish
27) Forest River Generic Owners Manual
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #7

Manuals

I too find it frustrating that Forest River doesn't invest in providing a useful manual. I know campers can change in features, and equipment but it is not a very good excuse given the investment of the customer.
Pbarnes100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #8

2018 Artic Wolf 305ML6 owner here. The 1st valve from the front of the unit is the grey water tank (holds the shower and bathroom sink). 2nd is the black water. The rear valve is the gray or galley water from the kitchen sink. When I dump I dump the black valve first then flush tank ( have a clear 45 to watch when clean). Then close black valve and dump the grey 1st valve. Then move hose to the rear valve and dump it. As for the rest of the questions about operations I had paperwork on my appliances and just read up on them on-line. One of my questions to the tech when we bought ours was how to manually get slides in if motor quit working. He had no idea. Lol. Researched and found the the motor on top of each slide has a 1/4” Allen screw on the back of them. So a flex shaft 1/4” Allen and a cordless drill is how that’s done. 2nd 5er for us. We love this layout with the rear kitchen.
Two dogs and us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #9
ML6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two dogs and us View Post
2018 Artic Wolf 305ML6 owner here. The 1st valve from the front of the unit is the grey water tank (holds the shower and bathroom sink). 2nd is the black water. The rear valve is the gray or galley water from the kitchen sink. When I dump I dump the black valve first then flush tank ( have a clear 45 to watch when clean). Then close black valve and dump the grey 1st valve. Then move hose to the rear valve and dump it. As for the rest of the questions about operations I had paperwork on my appliances and just read up on them on-line. One of my questions to the tech when we bought ours was how to manually get slides in if motor quit working. He had no idea. Lol. Researched and found the the motor on top of each slide has a 1/4” Allen screw on the back of them. So a flex shaft 1/4” Allen and a cordless drill is how that’s done. 2nd 5er for us. We love this layout with the rear kitchen.
Thanks for sharing, I just talked about that with a friend in regards to the slides. We have only been out in ours locally for a weekend. We are looking forward to getting some time and miles on it soon.
GO BIG RED
ML6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #10

We’ve taken ours out quite a bit. Been on a few longer trips with it. So far everything has gone great. Just a few minor things like trim coming loose. But that’s part of owning a 5th wheel. Last year during winter camping the 20# tanks don’t last long with the belly being heated also. Also the heater unit works very well. I’m switching my 20#’s out for 30#’s before next winter. The so called TPM system that they have is junk. I took the valve caps off and put regular caps on my tires. Had one that kept losing air and that was the problem. I can use a tire gauge just as fast as reading the caps. Good luck to ya. Hope yours is as good to you as ours has been to us.
Two dogs and us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:28 AM   #11

No manual supplied with mine, I had to download a generic FR owners manual off the website.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:34 AM   #12
ML6

Since you've owned yours longer than I have mine, a quick question. I just noticed the 2 lights inside each slide in the main room are not turning on. Is there a hidden switch somewhere I am missing ? As I think about this it might be a GFI tripped somewhere or a fuse I will look at those later today.
GO BIG RED
Old 06-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #13

Button to turn lights on

Even thought I turn a group of lights on at the panel, the clear oval lights also have a button in the center that allows us to customize our lighting. It sounds like you just need to press the center buttons on the round lights.
Good Luck.
Pbarnes100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #14
ML6

Got it figured out, thanks.
GO BIG RED

Tags
305, manual