Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2017, 09:27 PM   #21

One of the more entertaining threads! How do you know you're repelling mice if there is no way to know you would have had them in the first place? (In 2015 threads, Bounce was the rage. Now, folks say mice walk over it.) If a certain product works while you are actively having mice, then it may be genuine. But, if you don't see any mice/evidence, how do you know you're repelling them with these various potions? Sorta reminds me of the guy selling Elephant Repellent in downtown New York City. A prospective customer asked how the seller knew it worked. The seller said, "You don't see any elephants around here do you?"
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #22

That's great, love the comment, thank you
Old 01-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #23

I've had my best luck with being diligent with sealing everything up. The manufacturers leave a lot of entry points that I've fixed up on both the campers we've had. This last one was so bad I cut pieces of plywood to mostly seal it and used 3 or 4 cans of spray foam. That and dryer sheets and I haven't had problems in a few years. I'm not sure if I need the dryer sheets but it makes me feel better.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #24

If you decide to go with the peppermint oil, you can get it in the cosmetics section at Walmart.
There's a website on how to use it. How to Use Peppermint Oil as a Natural Mouse Repellent
johntaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #25

X2 on the electronic repeller. Works great. Get the ones with the blue lights on them.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #26

I believe your right, we have scoured the underside of the trailer and filled many entry points with foam and caulking, but it don't take much to miss one little hole. We will continue the search and use everything we can to keep them out.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #27

We punctured multiple holes in empty plastic soda and Gatorade bottles, then filled them with moth balls. We put the moth ball bottles all around the outside and underneath the camper. No stinky moth ball smell inside the camper, yet it's the perfect repellant to keep the mice away.
Nonnie and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsarg View Post
I'll try amazon for the oil, should smell like Christmas, we just opened the TT up to replace the desiccant and found the mess.
Grocery stores and Walmart sell essential oil but Amazon may cost less.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #29

Trap em

My wife and I purchased an outdoor storage box on our property two months ago in north Georgia. We came back to it a month later finding mice inside making a nest. We cleaned out the box, and placed a bunch of mothballs under and inside the box. We stuffed the joints inside with Bounce sheets and oil of peppermint on cotton balls. We just came back to it last week, and the sneaky buggers used the Bounce sheets and cotton balls to make a nest over the moth balls!!

No more Mr. Nice guy! We set eight basic mouse traps. 4 with cotton ball pieces (they want it to build a nest) and 4 of them with a dab of peanut butter. Over the next three days we found 3 of them dead in the cotton ball traps. They started it, so to war we go.

One thing I would never have expected though. They made their entry point with their teeth. They made their own hole right through some pretty thick plastic!! So I don't believe plugging entry points is an absolute answer. I think it helps for sure, but don't think they will just turn around and go elsewhere.

My experience. I will try other options than what we have tried so far. I'm keeping the traps. Oh, by the way, there was nothing in the box as a food source. Only shelter.

If only my wife wasn't petrified of snakes.
Reynolds4FSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #30

Them critters were some tough hombres.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #31
cdog7201

Send a message via AIM to cdog7201
storage box answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds4FSU View Post
My wife and I purchased an outdoor storage box on our property two months ago in north Georgia. We came back to it a month later finding mice inside making a nest. We cleaned out the box, and placed a bunch of mothballs under and inside the box. We stuffed the joints inside with Bounce sheets and oil of peppermint on cotton balls. We just came back to it last week, and the sneaky buggers used the Bounce sheets and cotton balls to make a nest over the moth balls!!

No more Mr. Nice guy! We set eight basic mouse traps. 4 with cotton ball pieces (they want it to build a nest) and 4 of them with a dab of peanut butter. Over the next three days we found 3 of them dead in the cotton ball traps. They started it, so to war we go.

One thing I would never have expected though. They made their entry point with their teeth. They made their own hole right through some pretty thick plastic!! So I don't believe plugging entry points is an absolute answer. I think it helps for sure, but don't think they will just turn around and go elsewhere.

My experience. I will try other options than what we have tried so far. I'm keeping the traps. Oh, by the way, there was nothing in the box as a food source. Only shelter.

If only my wife wasn't petrified of snakes.
well that kills most of the mouse repellents I had raccoons and cats pooping in my shrubs and I used peppermint and moth balls under the shrubs and no more raccoons so thought the same would work for mice but you just killed that idea. wheres mu gun,
cdog7201 is offline   Reply With Quote