Old 01-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #1

Mouse in the house

Alright guys need some advice from you senior members, found evidence of a mouse in the grey wolf 26bh, found what we believe was the entry point and sealed the hole. What can we use as a Repellent. Put bounce sheets all over the place and they walked over them to get to the paper towels. Please advise thank you.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #2

I found evidence last week as well. I lucked out. Left the toilet seat open after winterizing. Little **** fell in and drowned. Just stepped on the pedal and said good buy. Hoping he doesn't have friends. I would love to know if something works. I've heard the moth balls, dryer sheets and Irish spring soap before?

Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #3

Used bounce sheets when we winterized the TT, mouse walked over them to get to the paper towels. The search continues.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
Site Team

We have had good luck with essential oil of peppermint ( not food grade peppermint). Put 4-5 drops on a cotton ball in an old coffee mug or glass ( do not get oil on surfaces in trailer). Also keeps spiders out. Refresh every month or so. Please do not use poison. The poisoned rodents go outside to find water and can be eaten by hawks, owls and eagles which will kill them.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #5

Thanks, I'll try the oil, we don't use poison, thank you for your service
Old 01-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #6
Site Team

May have to go to health food or herb shop to get essential oil. Also makes RV smell nice when you open is spring.
We just had two eagles poisoned here while eating a poisoned fox.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #7

If you can get your hands on some habanero or ghost peppers, dry them and crush them into a powder and sprinkle it around possible entry points. I have used this on a boat in the past and it worked.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #8

I'll try amazon for the oil, should smell like Christmas, we just opened the TT up to replace the desiccant and found the mess.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #9

Wow peppers who would have guessed will have to replace it often Raines here alot
Old 01-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #10

Mouse in the house

Get rodent packs! Either from an Rv dealer or Walmart! Works great!
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #11

I have heard that a product called fresh cab works well the RV dealer should have it I am using scented moth balls I put in cloth bags and tied them to the wheels and to the jack stands works so far. those are the only points that touch the ground. if this fails I will try fresh cab Oh bounce sheets have to be scented ones.
cdog7201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #12

Fresh Cabģ Rodent Repellent | earthkind
FRESH CAB
hands down.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #13

We had a mouse in the house last spring. Checked toilet to make sure the anti freeze was still there and found the little bug ger. Anyway this fall we put moth balls all over the place as well as dryer sheets. Nothing so far. I also put mouse bait at the wheels and it was being eaten up like crazy but nothing in the last few weeks. Keeping the fingers crossed. I've got a box of cab free but haven't used it yet. Can't find the entry point for them either. A few years back while dry camping in the Rockies, my grand daughter dog kept going to the wheels of the trailer and whining a lot. Left there and went to a campground for a month. Found signs of mice in the storage compartments. I got 2 mouse traps, used peanut butter and got 2 a day for 5 days. A whole herd of them came for the 4 hour trip to the campground. My better half was not a happy camper...come to think of it, I wasn't either. I better go do a check at the storage yard.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #14

Cab free is awesome!! I used it in my shasta last year to rid them. I had three in mine took us a month to clean the camper and find where they were getting in. Tried the dryer sheets they basically used them to walk and poop on. My wife found the Cab Free and I tell you within two days they were gone. We used them again this year and so far no mice. I also closed up any areas that even remotely looked like a place to get in.

Good luck!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013shasta revere View Post
Cab free is awesome!! I used it in my shasta last year to rid them. I had three in mine took us a month to clean the camper and find where they were getting in. Tried the dryer sheets they basically used them to walk and poop on. My wife found the Cab Free and I tell you within two days they were gone. We used them again this year and so far no mice. I also closed up any areas that even remotely looked like a place to get in.

Good luck!!!
You are right... good luck!

I used Cab Free and they chewed open the pouches to make nests and scattered the contents among their poop.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #16

I'm running 110v from house to mh, so along with peppermint oil, I hooked up a small radio and run it 24/7. If the critter isn't afraid of the oil, then sound from the radio makes him think mh is occupied, so they don't come in.
billcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #17

Lot of great suggestions thanks for the support, I'll try all of them. Don't like the critters...
Old 01-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #18

I treated the bottom of the trailer with a product called "Mouse-Free" Seems to work, no critters for 3 years now.
John Forish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #19

If you have the ability to use the plug in electronic ultrasonic mouse repeller. They worked great for me when I was able to store in a barn (with power). I did not have the expensive kind either. The cheap $15 one worked fine. I am no longer in that storage so I am unable to use it anymore. I am now going to try some of the suggestions posted here. Thanks for bringing up the question.
underk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #20

Shake Away

I'm using Irish Spring and Shake Away - Shake-Away Organic Animal Repellent

The Shake Away has types for different animals and is an all natural product inlcuding the various oils. We put about a tablespoon in old nylons, tied them shut and placed them in each compartment, cabinet etc. Haven't had a critter return in several months. I've also used this for my bilco door and garage this year. First time I haven't seen evidence (or any in my traps) in my house during cold weather.

TryingToLearn is offline   Reply With Quote