Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 11:41 PM   #1

Moving in tomorrow

Into the Cherokee section tomorrow. I sold the '05 FR Grand Surveyor which has served us well and have moved on to a bigger (literally) and better (for sure) unit. I pick up my '15 Cherokee Freedom Express 310BHDS tomorrow and am quite happy about this deal. We actually had reservations set for this coming weekend so we will have just enough time to arrive home tomorrow, throw everything from the GS into the Cherokee and take off again early Friday morn. What a way to do a shake-down weekend. But as I have always said: "A bad weekend camping is better than a good weekend at home". Don't run off, I may have a thousand questions when I get back but I sure hope not. The dealer requires that the purchaser of a new unit from them attend a two-hour course on the particular unit the purchaser has bought from them. This will include hands-on setting the unit up, going through everything inside/outside and breaking the unit down for travel. Stay tuned - - -
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #2

Congrats on your new Cherokee Freedom Express 310BHDS. Have a great time this weekend!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #3

Thurman, sounds like a (Super PDI) from this dealership! Who is this Dealer? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #4

Yep, after we arrived and did a walk-through of the traded-in unit we did spend about two (2) hours going over the new unit. A lot of a campers "things" are just basic and carried over from one unit to another but they did make sure we/both of us understood all about this new unit. One thing I did notice was that I could not get in between the dinette table and the back of the seating area. Yeah go ahead and say that if I lose some of this belly I would fit better but it was really tight. I mentioned that it would be no problem for me to move the two (2) feet the table's legs sit in so there would be more room at that area. The prep guy for the dealer told me that this was not allowed by FR/Cherokee as it was a safety thing. When I asked for a better explanation he couldn't give me one. He just stated that when he went to the factory for the new year's unit's introductions they told everyone that the table could not be moved for safety reasons. While camping this past weekend none of the adults could sit in the area between the table and the back side of the seating area. About fifteen minutes yesterday moving the table's feet and now I can sit comfortably in this area and the slide will still close with nothing hitting or coming close to hitting. Now sure what their problem was. One of the main criteria for a new unit was a slide room with bunks for the three grandson's. This unit has a large slide room with a sofa that lets out into a double bed with a single sized bunk over it and a double sized bunk on the other side. The eight year old claimed the double sized bunk, the sixteen month old claimed the sofa bed as the height off of the floor is just enough he can get up on it and the nine year old claimed the upper bunk. All will be well there. Not sure if I can mention the dealer but I will: Mid-State RV in Byron, GA.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote