Old 04-16-2017, 08:17 PM   #1

My 1/2 year old 16bhs is no longer new.

Well, I got my 16bhs out of winter storage today. I store it at my dads farm in a machine shed. Others store items in the same shed and the idiot who stored a small utility tractor after I parked my trailer decided it would be a great idea to save space in the shed by parking the tractor in front of my trailer with the loader bucket up high over the front of my trailer. Of course the loader settled over the winter and as it dropped it scraped along the front, destroying the decal and scratching the paint along the curved front at it dropped. It eventually pushed the trailer back a few feet off the levelers which I had extended all the way to get the weight of the tires. This kinked all four levelers but the movement did probably save the front aluminum from being punctured or dented in further. The loader bucked ended up sitting on my propane tank holder but I had removed the tank and pulled the hoses and regulator away saving that.

I pay nothing for storage so I had to bite my tongue a bit when I found out. Its all cosmetic and I can fix all four levelers without replacing. I think I can remove the decal and either touch up the paint or stick a new decal on the front to cover the 2 foot scratch

The other bad news is that when I got the trailer home and back it into its parking spot I noticed I had run over a mouse that had jumped out of the trailer when I started backing it into the parking space. Now I have to go over all the recesses looking for a mouse nest. No smells or visible signs inside so maybe I will get off easy.

Now to finish a few mods I had been thinking over all winter. I'll update my Mod thread when I do.

1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

That sucks to hear about your TT. Like you said it's all cosmetic could have been tons worse.

Grimrefer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

The decent thing would be for the responsible one with the tractor to take care of the damage. Or at the least offer to.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
The decent thing would be for the responsible one with the tractor to take care of the damage. Or at the least offer to.
I agree. My dad offered to pay damages but I can't accept because I pay no rent. The guy at fault treats my dad too well to make an issue of it. Oh well.

I tried to unbend the stabilizer jacks and the back pair were messed up too bad to deal with. I was surprised to see they have a week aluminum threaded rod. I imagine to save weight... and the rest is very light bent metal. I ordered a new pair and they arrived today. They are about 50 percent heavier but they are silky smooth to raise and lower. So, I loose 10-20 lbs of cargo capacity but the jacks work better.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #5

I'm glad to see you are staying positive, the up graded stabilizers should be to your advantage and all rigs take some bumps and bruises now and then.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote