Old 09-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #11

Bed drawers

Very polished work on the drawers.

CJ (Claudia Jean) Pit/Lab mix
2016 Trips 6 Nights 18
Prof and Agate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #12

I was wonder if anyone has installed a TV, if so, where? I would like to get a small tv mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed near door, above window. I'm a bit concerned about a mounting point in that area.

TVs are so light these days, but still need some true Tula support in the wall for any bracket.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
I was wonder if anyone has installed a TV, if so, where? I would like to get a small tv mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed near door, above window. I'm a bit concerned about a mounting point in that area.

TVs are so light these days, but still need some true Tula support in the wall for any bracket.
I'm planning on installing a TV in the same location. I'm hoping to find a cheap one this shopping season. I figure a 26" x 17" TV will be perfect.

There are 2x studs on edge in this wall... just tap to find them. If they are not under the bracket location I plan to use a plywood spacer to bridge two adjacent studs. Run the cords up and over the door behind the valance trim to the prewired TV jack.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1201alarm View Post
I'm planning on installing a TV in the same location. I'm hoping to find a cheap one this shopping season. I figure a 26" x 17" TV will be perfect.

There are 2x studs on edge in this wall... just tap to find them. If they are not under the bracket location I plan to use a plywood spacer to bridge two adjacent studs. Run the cords up and over the door behind the valance trim to the prewired TV jack.

That's what I was thinking as well. I haven't looked for a stud or even measured... but seems like the best spot. Will post pics when I get around to grabbing a TV.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #15

Hi we just bought exact same camper made in west coast. Picked up today. I'm sitting in it right now googling RV replacement queen mattresses. Because I insisted the dealer get rid of the crap one that came with it for is! It literally was fabric and springs and squished down to about an inch thick sitting on it. So now my thoughts are ....to buy a standard queen but a more flexible one to just bend the 5" up back of headboard. This would give more options of instant pick up, price and many choices. Or...when boyfriend isn't looking in getting out the hacksaw!!! He's in my 5'10" and I'm 5'3".
So what's under the head board? I was even thinking what if we left the frame work and cut out the paneling. Or cut down at plywood height and add a fill plywood piece.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #16

Oh didn't say...interestingly our light switch is at the door. Funny the differences from each factory.

Tags
modifications