Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
MarknLisaTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 22
Need some advice

I traded in my 2017 tracer air for my 2018 Cherokee artic Wolf 265dbh8 fifth wheel, I love it but one issue.
The new antenna they put on these are a small disk and I tell you I can’t get anything to come in.
I went to Caprock canyon and I was way down in canyon and got great tv now with this new fifth wheel I’m parked at a Army travel camp relaxing and no tv!!!!!!
I was here with tracer just in January and it was great reception.
Will this require much if I install and new antenna and how will it go up n down no crank in this one
What can I install to make this better
Frustrated
Also my ac lacks they really should have put two in here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD059D7D-48A0-44B5-8B30-28B85101CFE4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	482.5 KB
ID:	168344  
__________________

MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Warrenton, MO
Posts: 191
Have you turned on the booster? It will probably be a small hidden button with a small red led that lights up when on. Without mine on there is absolutely no tv.
__________________

ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,597
I had great reception during my PDI. First trip nothing. Found out the cable at the booster was not connected properly from factory and had fell off on my. I think I have the same unit on my 5th wheel. Owners manual was in drawer. It talks about turning it 90 degrees for "tunning"
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
MarknLisaTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Have you turned on the booster? It will probably be a small hidden button with a small red led that lights up when on. Without mine on there is absolutely no tv.
Omg you freakin rock that was it!!!!!
Much thanks from me n hubby
MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
MarknLisaTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I had great reception during my PDI. First trip nothing. Found out the cable at the booster was not connected properly from factory and had fell off on my. I think I have the same unit on my 5th wheel. Owners manual was in drawer. It talks about turning it 90 degrees for "tunning"
Can you explain further
MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 1,597
I'm not by my unit or manual. in my bedroom ceiling where the antenna is located is a plastic dial. It shows a home location with an arrow for travel then the manual explains tuning by turning the dial. I do not know the make or model off the top of my head. Just know my unit had a whole drawer of manuals when I brought it home.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,289
Some of the antennas rotate. If I read correctly some are not. My King antenna doesnít raise up, but it does turn. Some donít if I understand.
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
MarknLisaTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I'm not by my unit or manual. in my bedroom ceiling where the antenna is located is a plastic dial. It shows a home location with an arrow for travel then the manual explains tuning by turning the dial. I do not know the make or model off the top of my head. Just know my unit had a whole drawer of manuals when I brought it home.
Ooh my artic Wolf doesnít have a dial.
I think it was the switch but seems like something is loose inside hubby is gonna check it out
MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 60
Our Tracer has the antenna dial in the bedroom ceiling, had really good reception with it during our first outing and didn't even have to move it to pick up stations.
__________________
Jimmie and Wendy
Prime Time Tracer 291BR
2007 GM Silverado Z71
NE Louisiana
2017-32 days camping in a Starcraft popup
2018 4 days camped (popup), 4 days (new tt) 11 days reserved.
Jimmie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
MarknLisaTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie824 View Post
Our Tracer has the antenna dial in the bedroom ceiling, had really good reception with it during our first outing and didn't even have to move it to pick up stations.
Yes we had that but we sold our 2017 tracer in Jan when we traded it in ffor our 2018 artic Wolf
__________________

MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


×