Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #1

New 2016 cherokee grey wolf 26dbhs owner here-have questions

Hi everyone. My husband and I just bought a new (to us) 2016 FR Cherokee Grey Wolf DBHS. We are super excited but have never had a Trailer this size and are pretty intimidated. We have some questions I am hoping some of you lovely people can help us out on.

1. Where can we buy a Solar Panel, new filter for hood for above stove and do we need a generator for the A/C?

2. How do we flush the System BEFORE we go on our first camping trip? We are not sure if it was done properly and want to do it properly ourselves.

3. Any dry camping tips would be appreciated! We are going to go dry camping at the beach soon and will need to figure out what to do.

4. Last but not least: The previous owners did a lot of cooking with oil and I'm having a hard time getting the smells out. Any tips?

Thanks so much from Southern California!

Estelle, DH Kent
2016 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26' DBHS
2006 Nissan Titan
Mostly Empty Nesters
Greekhousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekhousewife View Post
Hi everyone. My husband and I just bought a new (to us) 2016 FR Cherokee Grey Wolf DBHS. We are super excited but have never had a Trailer this size and are pretty intimidated. We have some questions I am hoping some of you lovely people can help us out on.

1. Where can we buy a Solar Panel, new filter for hood for above stove and do we need a generator for the A/C?

2. How do we flush the System BEFORE we go on our first camping trip? We are not sure if it was done properly and want to do it properly ourselves.

3. Any dry camping tips would be appreciated! We are going to go dry camping at the beach soon and will need to figure out what to do.

4. Last but not least: The previous owners did a lot of cooking with oil and I'm having a hard time getting the smells out. Any tips?

1-Is your TT solar-ready? Makes a difference. If you are dry camping, YES you'll need a INVERTER generator to run the a/c. Need to know if it's a 13k or 15k a/c, to recommend a properly sized inverter generator.

2-Do a search here on this, hundreds of threads on the subject, especially in the Plumbing and Water Systems sub-forum.

3-We are veteran dry campers, having camped in California's state park campsites. Less than 1% of their campsites have any hookups. So having a generator is a fact of life their campgrounds. And you'll also have to get a fresh water container to refill the FE tank and a tote tank for dumping gray water. You shouldn't need it for black water. Your black tank should have plenty of capacity. Most newbies freak out about the black tank, when it's the gray tank you need to worry about. It's also a good idea to have a dual battery setup, preferably two 6v golf cart batteries.

4-Can't help you there.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekhousewife View Post

1. If you want A/C, you will want a generator. Anything in the 3000 watt if you want to carry just one. Otherwise you can get two 1800-2200 watt with a parallel kit. I bought a refurbished Champion with remote start from supergen_products on Ebay. Amazing people. Here is one like I bought:https://tinyurl.com/y3zbaywq Just search "generator" in this forum and you will learn more than you will ever remember about gennys and dry camping.

2. Follow Bikendan's advice. Again, you will learn more than you can remember.

3. Dry camp in your driveway for a couple days. You will learn what you can live with and cannot live without. Fill up your water tanks and take showers. You will learn how much water you need on a daily basis and can plan your trips accordingly. Sleep a few nights in the bed. If you find you need something, you are only a few steps away.

4. Get a small ozone machine. I have one I built from foreverozone.com Set it in the camper with a box fan and let it run for 20-30 minutes. Open rig and air-out and your odors should be gone. Also, clean the filter in your A/C.

Free Tip: Everytime you have a question about something, use that search function. This forum is so full of information. Now, have fun!
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, cherokee, grey wolf