Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #1

New owner

I am picking up my first rv this coming Friday, it is a Grey Wolf 26bh. I was wondering if there is anything you wanted to ask or wanted to know prior to leaving the dealership that you forgot to or didn't ask.
Grummons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

Thank you for asking this question. I believe I have read posts with similar information, but I will be watching your post. We have a TT on order and expect to have it arrive in about five weeks.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Site Team

Using the spec sheet for your model, make a check list of everything in , on or under the unit. Check off the items as the dealer explains their operation and location during PDI. Make sure everything on your list is covered. Don't forget non-visible items like water heater bypass, winterizing pump bypass, low point drains, holding/water tank drains. Also check all modes of operation of appliances like fridge, water heater. Make sure you get manuals and the inventory sheet which contains the model# and serial # of all installed equip. Don't accept the statement " if you find something not working later, just bring it back and we will fix it under warranty". It may get fixed, but may not be in a timely manner. This is a very busy time for dealers shows, lots of new owners and everyone getting ready for season. As uncomfortable as it may be, tell them you will come back and complete the paperwork once all the repairs have been made if you find issues.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:19 AM   #4

I will thank you.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #5

Any other suggestions on specific things to check on or ask about?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
cjearle

Tires! Make sure you do have correct tire pressure before leaving dealer ship.. Make sure you do not have china bombs! Just bought ours less than a year ago. Already have to get new tires. Only put less than 3000 miles on them.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #7

Thanks
Old 02-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #8

X2 what Flybob said. Also don't forget the form to get the 2nd year warranty from Forest River. Many dealers don't mention it because is doesn't put any money in their pocket. The form should be with your manuals from FR but just in case it isn't there ask the dealer for a copy. FR would like to have the form sent to them within 10 days of your delivery. I believe it will be $150 for your TT. Because so many dealers don't say anything about it, and there have been so many RV sold this past year, FR has been waiving the time period if it is sent to them within a reasonable time period. So, in addition to checking out the trailer don't forget to ask the dealer about the FR 2nd year warranty.

Find the black water and grey water dump valves and the procedure to dump the waste. Know where the water pump is and if possible have them show you where the GFI resets are at (all of them).

Ask about how to winterize and dewinterize since you will certainly need to do it at some point in time. Also battery maintenance. BTW nearly all trailer tires are made in China, none are made in the US. Maxxis is the only one not made in China and they are made in Thailand.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #9

Thank you my list keeps getting longer and that's what I want.....keep them coming