Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Jez

New to forum and soon to be new owner - 18TO

Hi everyone! We just put down a deposit order for the 2019 18TO. I am thrilled this little TT can sleep 5-7 and how light it is. The interior is gorgeous and I know I am going to love it for my husband and beagle with the option to sleep additional family should they want.

We are slated to pick it up sometime in June and I am kind of worried about storage. There is storage above the bed and a few kitchen cabinets as well as under the dinette. How can we mod the camper for more storage?

Bathroom:
I am definitely thinking of adding a mirror and medicine cabinet in the bathroom as there is no sink or storage there, and adding some sort of towel holder/hooks - just not sure how to do that?

Kitchen:
I think I'll manage with the kitchen supplies with rubbermaid drawers and organizers to prevent shifting and also have a drawer feature. We are coming from a pop up so I know about using space wisely.

Beds:
Where do people store clothes/bags or sheets/blankets/pillows for the spare beds - especially the mattress for the over couch bunk? Or is that all a pack only as you need type?

Id love some feedback and I love pictures so please share away even if its not the 2019 18TO. (2019 has a larger fridge upright instead of a mini fridge under the counter like the 2018).
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer. Well owning travel trailers for nearly 30 years we have learned to take the least amount of items as possible due to storage issues. We have installed additional shelves in cupboards before that seemed to help using up some dead space. There were times we kept extra blankets and clothes in Rubbermaids in our truck. The more experience with it the more creative you will be on storage. Best of luck....Locky.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #3

Congrats on the new purchase!!

Camped
2016 - 21 nights
2017 - 42 + scheduled....
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #4

For bath towels, we use an over-the-door four towel holder. It works very well. We store loose items in small bins up in the overhead storage cupboards. Placing non-slip shelving protectors under and between plates and bowls helps prevent them from sliding and breakage during travel.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum from MN. We don't have an 18TO, but as noted above, we use an over the door towel rack. I intentionally found one with a curly decorative bottom that I straightened out on one side to hold the toilet paper.
Enjoy the camping.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #6

One thing you can do is start with only the bare necessities and camp out in your driveway or close by for a couple of nights and keep a list of the things you wish you had and the place to put them in the trailer (or tow vehicle). Some stuff you need, but, take your time in adding things until you really feel like you need them and have a place for them. You can make it an adventure to go out and buy stuff that is "just right" for you and your trailer adding a little at a time (and maybe getting rid of something you didn't need). One thing we did was buy a battery powered small drill and attachments so we could install the mirrors, etc. as we went along camping. Also a small box with dividers for little things like screws, clips, etc. that may be needed. And, of course you will need those square bit screwdrivers - unless your drill is a variable speed one with a set of driver bits. Hope you have as much fun as we have had in your new trailer. Enjoy it for many years to come.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

Greetings and congratulations on your new camper. I assume this a wolfpup you are getting. I have a 2018 BHS wolfpup. It is about the same layout as yours, except I do not have the slide. I have not completed it yet, but I am going to be doing the following.
With all the storage under the bed, it is hard to get at, unless you lift the bed. I am going to cut two doors under the bed. I have a storage tote about 5 1/2 to 6 feet long with wheels on one end. This will be storage for clothing. It is pretty long, but will pull out down the hall way long enough to remove needed clothes. The other door I plan to use for an ice chest when needed or an additional shorter tote. This still leaves room to use the outside access door for a good deal of storage.

That is my plans for additional storage.
Best wishes
Jesse P
JesseP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #8

Congrats. A weight distributing hitch does wonders for towing, even a small camper.
We just got a 2019 16BHS. Yes, storage sucks ;( The older model with the smaller fringe would have given us more storage but I consider the large frig with freezer worth the tradeoff.
We used 3M command strips for adding a lot of hooks for items. A cheap multi hook from the dollar store over the bathroom door, with the door hooks bent in to grip the thinner door. We mounted a multi-pocket over the door organizer with the 3M strip hooks for our bathroom items & meds behind the toilet.
There is a nice picture thread where one guy cut the front of the under master bed storage in two spots and added large drawers on regular drawer sides. I plan to do that sometime this summer under the bed and under our dinette seats. For now, when grandkid-less, we will put our clothes on the bunks.
I added a large mirror to the back of the bathroom door, so large that the clips won't work on the hinge side. So the closed door will hold it in place while traveling ��
I do have several totes under the bed.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #9

Welcome

We have a 2016 Wolfpup. My biggest loss is bathroom space and missing a sink. I made a towel rack, similar to a blanket rack. I laid it againest the wall and no low rungs due to the bathrom plumbing behind the toilet in the way. I attached small baskets at the top to hold small shampoos, razors, wash clothes etc. Screwed a toilet paper holder onto the side. Two rungs are for towels. Also have the towel bar over the door. I wish I could figure out how to send a picture for you.
Happywife17 -3 trips so far this year.
happywife17 is offline   Reply With Quote