Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I know that with the blueox if you have the over the frame connector it may not fit in the range the v-nose provides but their answer for that is bolt on versions that go right into the frame rather than over it. No reason I could see that those would not work on a v-nose.
We had a Curt WDH (17323)that we pulled with our old Skyline Nomad. It was only about a year old and I hated it( just looked on Curts website and it no longer exist even though I bought it in June 17) I had to return it once because the " football" adjustment angle adjustments broke. Then again when I tried to add the sway bar and the holes were bored wrong.

There was no way that I could have used the cheater bar to tighten the chains without putting a hole on the side of the v-nose. Got the Equalizer 4 hitch and have not regreted it one minute.
Erock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock67 View Post
We had a Curt WDH (17323)that we pulled with our old Skyline Nomad. It was only about a year old and I hated it( just looked on Curts website and it no longer exist even though I bought it in June 17) I had to return it once because the " football" adjustment angle adjustments broke. Then again when I tried to add the sway bar and the holes were bored wrong.

There was no way that I could have used the cheater bar to tighten the chains without putting a hole on the side of the v-nose. Got the Equalizer 4 hitch and have not regreted it one minute.
Yea good example. I see what you mean.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno23 View Post
Congrats on your new trailer. We have the 274 VFK and love. My wife laughs when I just camp in the drive way.

Dan no, can you give me some info on how you have organized the inside of yours? Having trouble deciding what to put where in setting my new 274 VFK up! Thanks.
wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsees View Post
Dan no, can you give me some info on how you have organized the inside of yours? Having trouble deciding what to put where in setting my new 274 VFK up! Thanks.
We store our pots and pans under the sink. Our dishes go in the upper cabinet to to right of the sink. Paper towels, non-perishables in the upper left. Food in the center. The cabinets over the peninsula holds the glasses and coffee pot/liquor. We storage the utensils in the drawers by the sink. The drawers in the peninsula are collect-all drawers. Under the benches by the table we store bedding and electric skillets. The area under the sofa is for our daughter's clothing,etc... The cabinet by the tv wall is used for towels. Under the bed is another collect-all for things (tv, movies, etc) when moving.
We are still figuring things out, but so far this works for us. One upgrade we made was to install the gas piston type door supports to the cabinet doors above the bed. We have some containers in there for socks, tee shirts, etc.. and the supports are nice so you don't have to hold the door up while searching.

Happy camping and feel free to ask more questions if you need. Always willing to help.
Danno23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #45

Quote:
We store our pots and pans under the sink. Our dishes go in the upper cabinet to to right of the sink. Paper towels, non-perishables in the upper left. Food in the center. The cabinets over the peninsula holds the glasses and coffee pot/liquor. We storage the utensils in the drawers by the sink. The drawers in the peninsula are collect-all drawers. Under the benches by the table we store bedding and electric skillets. The area under the sofa is for our daughter's clothing,etc... The cabinet by the tv wall is used for towels. Under the bed is another collect-all for things (tv, movies, etc) when moving.
We are still figuring things out, but so far this works for us. One upgrade we made was to install the gas piston type door supports to the cabinet doors above the bed. We have some containers in there for socks, tee shirts, etc.. and the supports are nice so you don't have to hold the door up while searching.

Happy camping and feel free to ask more questions if you need. Always willing to help.
Really appreciate your detailed description of storage. Had to smile as I just asked DH last night for “something to hold the doors open over the bed.” If you think of it at some point, would you upload a photo of the gas piston supports installed so we can see how/where you installed them. That would be so helpful. Happy camping, and thanks again!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #46

Quote:
Really appreciate your detailed description of storage. Had to smile as I just asked DH last night for “something to hold the doors open over the bed.” If you think of it at some point, would you upload a photo of the gas piston supports installed so we can see how/where you installed them. That would be so helpful. Happy camping, and thanks again!
Glad to be of help. I will post some photos when I get the camper out of storage. Michigan weather is confused right now, so it might be a bit, but I will get you photos asap.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Glad to be of help. I will post some photos when I get the camper out of storage. Michigan weather is confused right now, so it might be a bit, but I will get you photos asap.

Thanks. Snowing here in the ADKS as I write this!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #48

New to group with new Cherokee 234VFK

Found a solution to my towel issue! SAM’s Club find. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6999.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	168223
Old 04-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #49

Quote:
Found a solution to my towel issue! SAM’s Club find. Attachment 168223
I like that! I wonder if they still have it. They change things out so often that once you see it some where it is gone.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I like that! I wonder if they still have it. They change things out so often that once you see it some where it is gone.

Just got it 2 days ago in store. $20.00. A bargain.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #51

So am I to understand that an WDH and equalizer will NOT work on a 234VFK?
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:36 PM   #52

Sure they will. I have the Husky Centerline. Their saying certain WDH won't fit because of the V nose. The chain type WDH systems don't have clearance to put the chains on because the bar will contact the nose. But they're are plenty of WDH systems with the trunnion bars instead of chains with built in sway control that fit great.
TJBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBob View Post
Sure they will. I have the Husky Centerline. Their saying certain WDH won't fit because of the V nose. The chain type WDH systems don't have clearance to put the chains on because the bar will contact the nose. But they're are plenty of WDH systems with the trunnion bars instead of chains with built in sway control that fit great.
Glad to hear that. I have one and am now considering this unit over a Prime Tracer. Thanks.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:52 PM   #54

I have a 274VFK and use Hensley hitch system with a WDH and itss a fantastic system
Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 AM   #55
MCTroy

We use our old spring bars with chains on our V nose Windjammer. Never had a problem hooking up or unhooking. And it tows great. We weren't going to spend money for a new hitch when this one still works. The way it is set up, I would smack my hand before the pipe would hit the nose. Just watch what you're doing.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee