Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #1

new wolf pup 16fq

Dealer says my new pup will be here in a couple of weeks. I am very anxious as this is my first rv. plan a few small trips this summer and escaping North Dakota in winter and traveling to Arizona. a few questions:

Are the tires that come with the RV good enough for a 3,000 mile run this winter or should i look for some quality tires? special trailer or passenger car tires? I would think a quality p radial tire with adequate weight rating would be better than the china made st tires.

Is a equalizer hitch and sway control necessary on this small of a RV? I will be towing with a F-150. Is the hitch a 2" or a 2 5/16?

will be going it alone and hope this small of a RV will be comfortable for an extended stay in the desert. I hope I made right decision.

still thinking of 2-2,000 watt inverter generators vs. a 3,000 watt.

Your comments are appreciated! mike
mfriederichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #2

Congrats.
WDH? No, it likely isn't a must BUT it will make difference, especially one with built in sway control. I was uncertain about getting one for my 16BHS it made a big difference towing it home 150 miles. My vehicle is rated for 5225# towing. Trailer weight was 3100#. Bought the WDH used from the dealer and they set it up for me.
If you don't have an electric brake controller, you need to add one. If your vehicle has the tow package, some include the controller, some just a plug in pigtail for one.
2" hitchball.
If going with two generators, get the synchronizing kit so you can run them together.
Tires? Most will say upgrade. The newer Goodyear Endurance trailer tires come highly recommended. Please search TIRES here and get a pot of coffee going
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #3
Wolfpup owner

I have a Wolfpup 18TO towing with a 2012 Pathfinder. I WOULD NOT THINK OF PULLING IT WITHOUT THE WDH!!!!
nlparrott1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #4

I never go over 55mph and have no reason to consider using a WDH even tho I have one...never thought about not having one on 6000 mile cross country trip, but I do like the sway control. One More Time Around: Wolf Pup - Anti Sway
Paralleling generators was a headache for me - the Champion 3100/2800 is just the ticket with remote start/stop.
One More Time Around: Wolf Pup - Generator
But I'm thinking you already know my opinion.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolf pup