Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #1

Newb here

hi all my fiance and i are in the market for a 5er...experienced campers and pulling a 5er is not an issue just wanting yalls opinions on a 2013 cherokee 235 B...im having trouble finding any reviews anywhere....here grandma had an 01 cardinal by forest river and was very happy,,so im assuming the forest river quality is good in all their models??...we are staying with a shorter 5er because i want to double tow camper and 19 foot runabout bowrider behind it...thanks in advance for the input...we should be signing papers next week on one from lake shore rv in muskegon michigan...gettin a pretty good sale price...thanks again for the input
HUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMPY View Post
hi all my fiance and i are in the market for a 5er...experienced campers and pulling a 5er is not an issue just wanting yalls opinions on a 2013 cherokee 235 B...im having trouble finding any reviews anywhere....here grandma had an 01 cardinal by forest river and was very happy,,so im assuming the forest river quality is good in all their models??...we are staying with a shorter 5er because i want to double tow camper and 19 foot runabout bowrider behind it...thanks in advance for the input...we should be signing papers next week on one from lake shore rv in muskegon michigan...gettin a pretty good sale price...thanks again for the input
I'd advise you to check with your dealer about towing a boat behind any forest river product.
Most likely there will be no warranty if you do such a thing.
Just an fyi .
Good luck in your search
We love our sabre 5th wheel .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Site Team

some states don't allow double towing.
also need to find out if the Cherokee frame is strong enough to tow.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also double length limit varies widely state by state.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #5

I knew I should have left all the double tow stuff out... I know that's it's legal where im traveling and dealer said it was no issue with anything else... Any opinions on the actual camper itself?
HUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #6

We have a Cherokee Grey Wolf, it has been good and bad. We have had to have work done on it a few times, and even sent it back to the factory this fall. I have been really pleased with the repairs, and the camping we have done in it. I would not hesitate to buy another FR product.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote