Old 09-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #1

Newbie here... 2014 Cascade 25bhc info please

Hi all! I just put a deposit down on this unit and like to know what other people know about it and doesn't anyone know of reviews? Also, does anyone have a brochure and/or manual? This is my first travel trailer after having many motorhomes.

Scudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #2

Seriously don't mean for this to come out sounding rude but these are maybe questions you should have asked before putting down a deposit...?

tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #3

True

I tried doing research on it before I put the deposit down... Which is refundable. I just came across this forum today. I trusted the name but I knew some models are better than others. Smaller bunkhouse travel trailers are pretty hard to come by. I put the deposit down with a dealer 450 miles away... Yup sight unseen except for the pictures online. If I find any bad reviews I can walk.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #4

Iím sure youíll find some info and reviews on YouTube. If you search factory site, you may find a general manual thatís for your class of travel trailers.

You can find more info in each individual manual for the products that you have (furnace, water heater, fridge etc.).

Reviews for a specific travel trailer are generally by sales people at RV dealers. So itís more of a walk though.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudrunner View Post
Hi all! I just put a deposit down on this unit and like to know what other people know about it and doesn't anyone know of reviews? Also, does anyone have a brochure and/or manual? This is my first travel trailer after having many motorhomes.
The Cascade trailer was made specifically for Poulsbo RV dealerships.
It a clone of one of the other FR brands, just different outside graphics and interior colors.
So you can contact a Poulsbo dealership and see if they have any brochure and they might tell you which brand it's cloned from.
The manual would be generic and have no model-specific nor brand-specific information.
So there won't be many reviews since it was only sold in the Northwest. But if you can find what regular brand it's a twin of, there should be many reviews of it and a sub-forum here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #6

That makes sense!

Thank you for the info. I wondered why there was such little information on the Cascade..
Old 09-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudrunner View Post
I tried doing research on it before I put the deposit down... Which is refundable. I just came across this forum today. I trusted the name but I knew some models are better than others. Smaller bunkhouse travel trailers are pretty hard to come by. I put the deposit down with a dealer 450 miles away... Yup sight unseen except for the pictures online. If I find any bad reviews I can walk.
Sorry, really didn't mean to sound rude. I also put a hold deposit on my twinbed A frame (nonrefundable but only $100) couldn't find one in state, so we drove from near Alb. NM to Denver for it. In a blizzard, lol. We'd been able to do plenty of research but decided if the first in person walk in made us hate it, we'd have no trouble walking away. We've had it over a year now and love it.
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #8

No problem

I didn't take offense. I've seen many Forest River RV's but this model was a little hard to find info on. I now know why, it's a label brand. Most Forest Rivers are specific sizes and this one is out of the norm being 25'. I can find everything but the 25BHC. The unit is in great shape and a good buy. The dealer has sent other pictures so I think I'm good. I'll post a review here for other future buyers of this model.

Tags
newbie, 2014