Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #1

Newbie - Just took the new 27bh out for the weekend - hilarity ensues

Hello everyone! Glad to finally find this forum.....We just bought the new 2008 Cherokee 27BH (Darn that RV show! LOL). We were pleased with the floorplan and it has pretty much everything we need. We researched all the other brands and finally decided to get this one. We took it out this last weekend for the first time close to home so that if there were any issues we wouldn't be in trouble.....and everything went well until I tried to flush the toilet. Water sprayed EVERYWHERE, except in the bowl. Where it was supposed to go. My husband decided to keep flushing and spraying water (because you know if you keep doing that, the problem will eventually fix itself, right? LOL) We finally figured out that an essential hose that runs from the back of the commode into the bowl was MISSING. One trip to Home Depot and $15 later, we jury-rigged a hose that got us through the weekend. I contacted our sales guy at the dealer yesterday who was STUNNED that something like that would happen and if we would bring the trailer in they would fix it right then and there.....at least nothing else went wrong! LOL

Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #2

Now sorry to say but that is funny to be the first thing that happened on your maiden voyage. Hopefully the toilet wasn't full of ****...LOL

2005 Surveyor SV234
2004 F-150 Supercrew Lariat / 5.4L / 3.73 Gears
Reese Friction Sway
Voyager Brake Controller
WD Setup
TWhaylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #3

Oh, it was. And everytime we wanted to flush the toilet we had to turn the water off, pour water in the bowl from a container, flush, then go outside and turn the water on again. THAT was fun for the first two times, and then got old REAL quick. LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #4

Hello, CubFan, and welcome to the forum!. We (wife & I) almost bought that same unit. We wound up getting the 831BHSS instead. Which dealer did you purchase from? We got ours from RV City in Benton (last June). I have had it back for a couple of minor things and have been very satisfied with the service there. I understand they have another sales lot in Little Rock.

Where did you take your maiden voyage?

We live outside Magnolia in south AR.
Mickey
Old 03-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #5

Hi CubFan20,
Welcome to FRF.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Great story! Glad you got the geyser under control. Welcome!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #7

Mickey - We bought ours at RV City as well. I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with the dealership - in fact, if I hadn't liked that TT so well I would have bought from River City. We ended up at Maumelle Park last weekend, and we're going to Tar Camp this coming weekend. I really liked Maumell - the sites are paved and well-kept and the people around us were very friendly. All the sites along the river opened up March 1st, so we're trying to take advantage of them all before summer kicks in and they get packed....
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan20 View Post
Mickey - We bought ours at RV City as well. I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with the dealership - in fact, if I hadn't liked that TT so well I would have bought from River City. We ended up at Maumelle Park last weekend, and we're going to Tar Camp this coming weekend. I really liked Maumell - the sites are paved and well-kept and the people around us were very friendly. All the sites along the river opened up March 1st, so we're trying to take advantage of them all before summer kicks in and they get packed....
I havent't camped at Maumell but did visit a friend there last year. Yes, it is a very nice campground. I am not aware of any other parks on the river. Where can I find info for them? We usually go to DeGray Lake. It is good for the grandkids with the playgrounds and swimming beaches. We really like Alpine Ridge best.

Enjoy the TT and maybe we will meet some day.
Mickey
Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan20 View Post
oh yes that park is outstanding
what views

our very same line POPPED off on ours and sprayed me when i stepped on the pedal,

must have been a hard to reach area ????

welcome to FRF
visit lots and share your rving experiences
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muamelle park little rock 0014.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Muamelle park little rock 0015.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	721  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Nice pics! Makes me wannnnaaaaaa caaaaaamp!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee