Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 12:53 AM   #1

Newbie questions...

Since the 2018 Wolf Pup 18TO is my first travel trailer I have some basic/“dumb” questions.
I want to repack the wheel bearings and I’m trying to find what the bearing and seal part number are before I get everything taken apart. Is there somewhere on the axle I can find which LCI axle I have so I can find the part numbers?

I also want to add a second battery and LP tank, are there good places to find the parts or kits that I need?

I also want to add a battery disconnect, and I’ve been trying to figure out where to put it, can any Wolf Pup owners give me some suggestions?

Thank you in advance to everyone that helps and even the ones that “helps”...lol
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #2

check your paperwork or look at your axles you may have the type of bearings that are sealed.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 AM   #3
Site Team

You should have been given a build sheet by the dealer at the time of purchase. if not call them. It should list the make, model and serial # of all installed items. If they don't have one ( probably don't want to go look for it) you can create one by listing the make model and serial # for all the major appliances in your unit. This will come in handy many times in the future. The axle should have a label with the info you need to look up the service manual for it on the manufacturers website.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #4

There should be a sticker on your axles that say what Lippert model they are. Just figure out what weight rating they are, and your local RV shop should be able to match them up quick. Or just search it online and you'll find the part numbers quick. Be sure to have tons of brake cleaner ready. I just did mine for the first time and there was tons of grease everywhere. On two of my 4, the seals from the factory failed and there was grease everywhere. I used 8 total cans of brake clean!! I also only used about 3/4 of a tub of Lucas Red N Tacky with my bearing backer whereas some folks said 4 tubs! I had 2 tubes, 2 tubs, so at least I can top off with the grease fittings when I'm being lazy.

I just went through and added a secondary battery. Tons of ways to do it, but I bought a trailer tongue metal box from harbor freight and welded new angle iron to the tongue so the box was between the rails. You could mount on top as well. Then you could mount the disconnect in the box so that it locks as well. Or just grab another battery box and some wires if it will fit in the rails that are already there. I like the box so that they are locked in there and secure. Be sure to add vents to the box if you are using lead acid batteries as well.

As far as dual LP, I'd check etrailer for the parts. And I'd recommend going dual 30# tanks. I'm thinking about upgrading from 20# to 30#, but they are costly.

Good luck and enjoy the modding. I can't leave mine alone, but it's in the driveway, so I'm always tinkering.
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #5

SeaDog, I went through everything I have several times without any luck. I am hoping to avoid unnecessary crawling around on the stone driveway... Yeah, I can be a big sissy.

Flybob, it’s crazy how you predicted how the RV dealer answered me asking for a copy of the build sheet... They said they gave us to only copy and they can’t get another. I don’t have it in my file so maybe my dog ate it. We did record all of the info when we brought the camper home.

Freyguy, thanks for all the info! So you welded something to your camper... Hmmm sounds like I have yet another reason I need a welder... lol
Old 07-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
Scoundrel

If you add a second battery try and match the existing battery/manufacturer/amps.

Good luck with the new camper!

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #7

HangDiver, since the battery is over a year old and has been discharged once I’m going to get a couple deep cycle batteries. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #8
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
HangDiver, since the battery is over a year old and has been discharged once I’m going to get a couple deep cycle batteries. Thanks for the suggestion though.
That is exactly the right thing to do! Good on you.

Happy camping!

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags