Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

No one has a 255p

Looking for owners of one.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

As I told you I bought a new 2015 that I traded in a couple months ago. I'd be happy to answer anything I can for you
markspm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspm View Post
As I told you I bought a new 2015 that I traded in a couple months ago. I'd be happy to answer anything I can for you
How did you like it did you have any issues with it? Anything special you had to do to it when in use or once returned. How did it pull and what did you pull it with. As for maintaining it I had a truck camper it was very easy to maintain when parked for the winter. Was also very easy to set up I know there is a big difference between it and a 5 th wheel any hints that make setting up or taking down to know. Just any and all information you can think of for a first timer camping and pulling a 5 th wheel. I will be pulling it with a f250 6 1/2 foot bed.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #4

It was also my 1st 5er after several popups and a 20' trailer. It pulled like a dream and I only had a 1/2 ton Silverado with a 4.8 at the time. I only camper local at a Norhtern Mi campground about 20-25 mins away so no issues. I did have the tarp like material under both slides the 1st year start to rip. It was fixed under warranty and seemed to happen often with this model. I also noticed when I bought it they had a vent in the back of the 5er for the fresh water tank and the vent line actually came out the bottom. So any water could have come in due to no hose hooked up to it. That was a very easy fix. The only other issue was the Furrion stereo. It was replaced three times all under warrant. I had the Limited and liked it just fine. I would pay the extra 200.00 for the extra warranty coverage. I didn't with the 255 but did with the new Rockwood. It would spend the summer months in my driveway and I stored it inside in the winter. Other then the kitchen being small it was great. If you need any other info let me know
Mark
Old 02-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspm View Post
It was also my 1st 5er after several popups and a 20' trailer. It pulled like a dream and I only had a 1/2 ton Silverado with a 4.8 at the time. I only camper local at a Norhtern Mi campground about 20-25 mins away so no issues. I did have the tarp like material under both slides the 1st year start to rip. It was fixed under warranty and seemed to happen often with this model. I also noticed when I bought it they had a vent in the back of the 5er for the fresh water tank and the vent line actually came out the bottom. So any water could have come in due to no hose hooked up to it. That was a very easy fix. The only other issue was the Furrion stereo. It was replaced three times all under warrant. I had the Limited and liked it just fine. I would pay the extra 200.00 for the extra warranty coverage. I didn't with the 255 but did with the new Rockwood. It would spend the summer months in my driveway and I stored it inside in the winter. Other then the kitchen being small it was great. If you need any other info let me know
Mark
Mark,
Did you have the slider hitch on your tow vehicle?
Old 02-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #6

No. I have long bed trucks.

Tags