Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #1

Noob to TTs ready to make mods...

So we have up graded to a Wolf Pup 18TO from a pop-up and I'm ready to start making some modifications. My first additions\question is to add a towel hanger and a TV mount at the foot of the bed. My question is what do people use to mount items on the walls? I'm thinking if I use the hardware that came I the packaging I'll end up with screw end poking through the other side of the walls...
Thank you for any help.
Scott
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
So we have up graded to a Wolf Pup 18TO from a pop-up and I'm ready to start making some modifications. My first additions\question is to add a towel hanger and a TV mount at the foot of the bed. My question is what do people use to mount items on the walls? I'm thinking if I use the hardware that came I the packaging I'll end up with screw end poking through the other side of the walls...
Thank you for any help.
Scott
There is 1-1/2" of stud space in the walls built with wood studs so you can use regular screws.

At the door there is a switch for your lights. These are 12v so are pretty safe. Unscrew the switch and pull out a bit and you will be able to see the wall framing and depth you have to work with. Also, open your cargo hatch and see how thick the walls are there.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
Hmm take a outlet apart to see the thickness of the wall... Now that thought never came to me... duh... In all seriousness, WOW, thanks I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.
I did though look under the bed hoping to see the "studs" but the walls are finished down to the floor.
Thanks again for the help!
Old 05-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #4

I guess the nice thing about the thin rv walls, you can feel the studs. Push around a little and don't expect them to be on center. Few mod things I have posted here.

TV Mounted:

Range Cover:

Dinette Storage:

K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #5

K2Kevin, I saw your TV mount mod which convinced me to do the same. The big thing I need to figure out is how to run coax from the back of the trailer up to the door and then install tv hook-ups.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
K2Kevin, I saw your TV mount mod which convinced me to do the same. The big thing I need to figure out is how to run coax from the back of the trailer up to the door and then install tv hook-ups.
Thats a long run, ever think of going through the floor and run outside on a frame rail?
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #7

I'll do whatever would be best. Looks like me and Googling are going to spend some time together.