Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #1

Noob with 2017 Wolf Pup and Frame Rust?

So we bought a 18TO Wolf Pup back in March and today I noticed some surface rust on the frame. Is this something I need to take up with the dealer, or is this a common thing where I just hit it with some Rustoleum? Since I own a Tacoma I'm a little nervous when it comes to frame rust. LOL.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	141145
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
So we bought a 18TO Wolf Pup back in March and today I noticed some surface rust on the frame. Is this something I need to take up with the dealer, or is this a common thing where I just hit it with some Rustoleum? Since I own a Tacoma I'm a little nervous when it comes to frame rust. LOL.
Attachment 141145
My wolf pup is a year and half old and the only rust is the cast iron gas pipe main line. The frame and cross supports are fine.

I'd guess a prep mistake at the paint booth. Would I fix it? Yes.... but I would do it myself rather then fight the dealer and delays. A few minutes of sanding and wire wheeling... spray primer and top coat.
1201alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #3

I have a post a few up from yours - same situation regarding lots of rust on new (April) trailer. Currently I have a ticket out with the frame manufacturer (Lippert) and am waiting to hear back regarding their thoughts on the amount of rust.

Will post an update once they respond.
Equal-i-zer 1k/10k
Kacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #4

Kacz, please let me know. For now I'm hoping to see what the dealer says, I'm figuring that I'll be fixing out myself.
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, wolf pup