Old 03-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #11
Sent you a PM , let me know if you received it

47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #12
my rv has been in the shop all winter. still waiting for parts. However, heated storage at the shop while they are working on it.

Rockwood 8282 WS
2012 F-250 6.2
farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
Finally got the unit back. Eight weeks at the body shop. Why so long? They called after a month to apologize telling me that they had told one of the techs to go out and get the "Coachmen" unit. Well he did go get the Coachmen unit, but it wasn't my unit. It was another unit that came in after mine. They have a policy of taking units into the shop as they have come on the lot, regardless of damage. Then they call to tell me that my unit is in the shop but there will be a long delay in obtaining the "front end cap" for my unit as it has to be made. There are no spares at the factory and the factory jobs them out. "What front end cap" is my reply. They tell me that the big fiberglass front end cap on my unit is busted. "I don't have a big fiberglass front end cap on my unit" I reply. UH, OH. They will call me back. They had my work order confused with another unit- -again. I was in that area on business one day so I stop in to see what is going on. They did have my unit in the shop and were awaiting parts to come in. "UH-this is damaged fiberglass, so what parts are you waiting on"? They were waiting on over $1000 worth of parts for the living room/dining table slide unit, which was not damaged in the accident. They would not let me back into the shop are claiming insurance regulations. I understand that one. But I walked out so I could look into the shop bay and see my unit. The slide is out and there is a tech standing at a work bench next to my unit. I asked him to come over and explain to me what damage there is to my slide. He looked around at my unit and stated: "As far as I know there is no damage to the slide, it worked when I ran it out". Now I am more confused. Back into the office and I ask to speak with whomever is in charge of the body shop. I nice lady comes out, we have the conversation and she tells me that the body shop estimator did the inspection and wrote down all the damages then they went about ordering parts to repair the slide. They had a new slide drive mechanism, exterior molding, and decorative tape that goes on the exterior ordered. She furthers tells me that the insurance company has approved the damage estimate and the repairs will be done as soon as the parts for the slide come in. I leave it at that--until I get home. I call my local insurance agent and tell her what went on. She agreed that she should get in touch with the insurance adjuster and ask him about this. She calls me the next day to tell me that the adjuster has never been to this shop as it is about 125 miles from his office and he trusts the RV body shop's estimate--case closed. She tells me that there is literally nothing she nor I can do about this, just wait until they call when they have the unit fixed. Oddly enough one week later I get the call that the unit is ready to go and they would like for me to come get it quick as they need the room on their lot. They do have quite a back-log of units to work on. I go to get the unit and it is indeed ready. I cannot tell where the damaged exterior was, the "swirly/swooshy" tape on the side has been replaced and honestly--the unit looks real good. I don't question anything else, I just sign the papers to get my unit and I go home, about 110 miles away home. I won't mention this RV sales/serice/repair center on her again. They did an outstanding job on the repairs that I knew were needed. But $3800 just to repair an 8" long crack in the fiberglass, and to replace the tape which got scratched? The unit's home, I'm happy, and will be going out Memorial Day weekend for five days. Good night.

Thurman is online now   Reply With Quote