Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #1

Outside speaker TV audio.

The dealer told us that when using the outside TV connectors, we'd be able to hear the sound through the outdoor speakers. After trying many different ways to make it work, we think we've figured out that another TV has to be connected on the inside. Is this correct or are we missing something?
Jwatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #2

Think you'll also have to be piping your TV's sound through your sound system.
When you have it playing inside, then select your outside speakers (group C on my system).

If your taking your only inside TV outside, then you won't be able to do this. Should be able to get the radio to play outdoors though.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #3

Yeah, the radio plays great outside. We just want to be able to get TV sound through the outside speakers as well. I'm pretty sure another TV will have to be connected to the av/audio input inside in order for it to work.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #4

I haven't tried to use my TV outside yet, so I'm not as intimately familiar with the hook-ups outside. I know there's a coax outlet, but are there also Component (R,Y,W) plugs?

If not the TV will not utilize the outdoor speakers. Unless you run a 20' component cable across the ground, up behind the steps, through the door, in front of the bedroom door, up the side of the entertainment center, through the opening to the sheld and side of the radio / dvd player, and plug it in.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #5

Thank you! That's what I figured....trying to decide if I can wait until "Black Friday" to buy 2 more TVs...lol!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #6

Jwatty Go from the Audio output on the back of TV to the Aux input on your Radio, CD Player. Pull up Mode and select Aux 1. That's the way I got TV sound into my surround sound speakers.
Emery Smith
skeet25golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #7

I'm taking mine out this weekend and will check the set-up again. It's in a storage yard and still brand new so I'm not as familiat with all of the details as I'd like to be.

If I can find a way to make it work, I'll let you know.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #8

Checked. No component connections on the outside. No way to get the tv to play through the outside speakers unless you run a component cable to the stereo inside.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:08 AM   #9

If your just talking about getting sound out of the outdoor speakers while watching over the air programming on the tv outside get a digital tuner box and hook up inside and use it to change the channels the audio from it can go to the stereo and the video output can connect to the yellow composite video connection that'll feed to the tv outside

2012 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH

2001 Rockwood Freedom 2280 popup <--For Sale
JTHale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwatty View Post
The dealer told us that when using the outside TV connectors, we'd be able to hear the sound through the outdoor speakers. After trying many different ways to make it work, we think we've figured out that another TV has to be connected on the inside. Is this correct or are we missing something?
You are correct, the inside TV would have to be on the same channel to do what you want unless you run a audio cable from your outdoor TV to your system. Sounds like bad info from your dealer.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #11

The 2015 we just bought has a coax and audio input on the outside of the camper, near the TV mount. You plug in the audio input and select the correct source on the head unit. Hope this helps.
jwhite1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1301 View Post
The 2015 we just bought has a coax and audio input on the outside of the camper, near the TV mount. You plug in the audio input and select the correct source on the head unit. Hope this helps.
I'm pretty sure that's the video output for the DVD player.

I have not tried putting a TV outside however I tried a DVD and heard the sound through my external speakers .
eortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #13

You are correct... the salesperson told me that the above. I will check it out Saturday and see if you can make this work... there has to be a way, that doesn't involve running a cord through the camper.

Now I am questioning - the audio jacks in the ceiling would also be outputs to the TV, for the DVD player. Does the TV sound come through the speakers?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #14

Only while watching a movie on dvd. TV sound comes through TV speakers.
eortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #15

That is good info... now we find a Mod. Stay tuned.