Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #21

Well the 19rr is in our driveway. We cleaned it thoroughly inside and out. Our tube for the dump hose has a removable cap on one end but is open on the other. Is something missing or is this normal. I though I would ask before I bug Earl at Outpost Rv.

Also our heated mattress has about an 8 inch cut in it probably from a box cutter used to open the packaging. I'm debating on whether I should ask Outpost to get us a new mattress somehow or just sew it up or find an iron on patch.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #22

It should be enclosed. Mine is.

I would have outback get you a new mattress.

Congratulations on you're new purchase and have fun.
Partyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #23

There should be a cap on both ends. As far as the mattress goes I would have them replace it. There is a chance that the cut could have damaged some of the wiring inside the mattress for the heating element.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #24

Speaking of bumper end caps, Mine came off and the dump hose dragged behind me and became unraveled (about 25 feet behind me). I drilled small holes in the ends of the bumper and into the rubber caps, then put a small sheet metal screw through to hold the caps in place. No more lost dump tube!!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #25

Thanks for the replies. I have submitted both the hose cap and mattress claim to Outpost RV. Peggy is very nice. I'll report and update when I know more.

We detailed the 19rr before taking it to storage. Lot's of work cleaning the roof. Amazing how dirty they can get just sitting on the dealer lot for a couple months.

I was surprised our 2013 model had the fixed bunk rather than the cabinet above the bed. I wonder if it is hit and miss what you get or if there was a cutoff date for bunk vs. Cabinet.
hammick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #26

I find it really strange on the front bunk verses cabinet. I would think they would make it an option one way or another. When I was shopping for a trailer I looked at many different models by several different manufactuers all in similar overall lengths. The final selling point for me was the overhead front bunk in the 19rr. Although it is virtually worthless for sleeping on, it provided me a nessasary storage place that a overhead cabinet would not fit the bill for. I would have been very disapointed when I picked my trailer up and the bunk wasn't there. On the other hand I can see why the overhead cabinet would fit others needs better. Forest River should look at this and as I said before, make it available according to the customers needs.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote