Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #1

Post winter walkthrough

So went out to the Cherokee today to de-winterize and just check for any issues since it has been sitting since February when we bought it, not bad, but did have some issues:

Outside blue LED light is inop, has a cut/break in the actual strip right by the connection point to the TT. Not a big deal but it worked when we brought it home so maybe it just spontaneously broke during the winter.

Couple leaks here and there, nothing major, did notice a bunch of insulation clogging one of the A/C vents, not sure if anyone else has seen that before, pulled it out with tweezers and moved on.

Anyone else have any issues you didn't see coming?
NavySailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #2

You bought a new travel trailer and it already had a few leaks?
ctsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsam View Post
Nothing unusual about a leak in a new unit.

Had one found during PDI, it was fixed post haste.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
One of the leaks was on the water line to the fresh water tank, tightened it up and it was good to go, the other leak was on the water heater and remedied it the same way. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #5

I thought you meant roof leaks. Lol. Yeah I have heard similar stories of loose lines or pinched lines with easy fixes. My dealer is 170 miles away and I tend to fix things myself. My 274dbh also has the led package inside and out. It was packed from March until last week and they seemed to work fine. eBay has other colors and kits if you need to repair it.
ctsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #6

Quote:
I thought you meant roof leaks. Lol. Yeah I have heard similar stories of loose lines or pinched lines with easy fixes. My dealer is 170 miles away and I tend to fix things myself. My 274dbh also has the led package inside and out. It was packed from March until last week and they seemed to work fine. eBay has other colors and kits if you need to repair it.
Our dealer is about 2 hours away, but there is one here locally so hopefully they will take it in to fix the LED's this week since our maiden voyage is coming up real quick. I have some spare lights I can plug in just incase from our old TT.

Tags
winter