Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #1

Preemptively Checking Shower Drain Leak

Hi, To those that have fixed the leaking shower drain themselves, how did you do it?

Like the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I just bought a '19 23DBH and read a few of these horror stories about the shower drain leaking and want to make sure this doesn't happen to us. I see the access panel under the shower, but haven't opened it up yet. Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of room to work though.
WeekendRVWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 PM   #2

I just checked my new 2019 Grey Wolf. I removed the access panel, 2 screws, and just felt for water. We had taken four showers this trip, but the trap and the insulation underneath were both dry.
BradJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:55 PM   #3

My leak was directly outside the shower on the floor against the cover panel to the drain and water pump. I just caulked where the shower door channels met, BUT THE INCH OR SO THAT IS VERTICAL! The leak went away as I think water was getting into it on the inside and running out the ends. It was dry behind my panel door all the time too!
wanderer44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, drain, leak, show, shower