Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

Pulled the trigger on a 2016 Cherokee 304BH today!

After 3 years of going to RV shows, my wife and I pulled the trigger today on a new 304BH. Super excited, and should be picking it up this Thursday.

Is there anything we should pay attention to while going thru the delivery or ask the dealer to do?

Will be pulling it with a 2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab High Country. With the Duramax engine and Allison trans, truck is rated to pull 17,800 lbs off the hitch.

I'm excited to join another community.
amiodynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #2

Test the slides, move them in and out look for wobbles.misaligned and check for gaps when fully open.

Check the water lines, turn the pump on and leave it on during your inspection, with all the faucetts closed the pump should NOT kick in.

Stop admiring your purchase and actually inspect the unit............

Congradulations and ENJOY.

John
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupkin2 View Post
Test the slides, move them in and out look for wobbles.misaligned and check for gaps when fully open.

Check the water lines, turn the pump on and leave it on during your inspection, with all the faucetts closed the pump should NOT kick in.

Stop admiring your purchase and actually inspect the unit............

Congradulations and ENJOY.

John

Thanks for the advise, will do!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #4

Great trailer. I had a few minor issues the first year with mine. Nothing major. One slide was a little out of alignment and bound up tearing some seals. The dealer fixed and realigned under warranty. Wasn't anything you could notice on the slide but the torn gaskets and undercovering made the problem obvious. Some other elec. issues all of while were loose connections. ( cable not connected behind the head unit, thermostat not properly wired). All of the issues I had were minor and I camped the first season and made a list as things came up. At the end of season I dropped it off with the list. Dealer had the unit a few weeks and made all the repairs under warranty and even winterized it for free. Second season I haven't had a single issue.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #5

I live full time in my 2015 304BH. I took out the two bunks on one side and replaced with DIY clothing storage system I designed and friend built. Radio crapped out the first week. Slides have never been retracted since they were extended last March. Had a Fantastic Fan installed in the skylight over the kitchen island since this model has not kitchen stove ventilation. Big mistake by FR as far as I am concerned. I use the outdoor kitchen for frying until I can correct the manufacturer's mess. My frame is bent a bit which prevents me from leveling the front and back side to side at the same time. I just set it up so that water drains from the shower properly.
Hank2355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #6

Just purchased 2 months ago a 2016 Cherokee LTD 274RK.
The siding is now SEVERLEY letting go in spots from top to bottom along both sides of the trailer ..... Please check yours !
One side seal and the bottom have torn away on the slide ( trip 4 and 6 )
The other issues...except an oven that wont stay lit ..... I have repaired .....
sameee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #7

Invest in slide awnings. Test and retest everything. Congrads!!!
James Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #8

Had one Cherokee - the bunk bed lowering rack gears misaligned from the factory, closet on slide pulled screws out of the floor/doors would not lock shut and dinette facing panel cracked/broke in 4 months - all dinette benches replaced. Got all issues resolved, traded ASAP.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #9

Thanks for all the insight. After talking more to the dealer on Monday, we actually decided to back out of the deal. Long story short, no reason to buy now and put it right into store. Still have yet to hear from the damn campsite...

Tags
cherokee, led