Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #1

Quality Issues with 2013 Gray Wolf 26DBH

Has anyone had quality issues with their 2013 Gray Wolf 26DBH? We bought ours in February and have had it back to the dealership three times to repair what should have been completed at the factory. Now the slide is leaking again everytime it rains while pulled in and we have found the boards underneath the top bunk are not glued or stapled down. We'll be back to the dealership soon. This is in addition to the couch and dinette pulling away from the slide wall when only one screw was installed into the wall board and not a wall stud, blinds that fall apart, both screen doors would not stay shut, stove would not lite, one trip already for the leaking slide, and door trim that wasn't even stapled down. This is our second Gray Wolf and the first was a great camper just had a small bathroom. This one has a better floor plan but is falling apart and it's only 4 months old.
intensepisgahbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #2

That stinks. We have a '13 29BH that has been solid for the 12 months we have used it. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #3

Bought our 2013 Greywolf 26DBH at the beginning of May and have used it every weekend since then... no problems except for the top bunk... not only is it not fastened down well, it's much too thin! I just added some 5/8" plywood to beef it up, it was only 1/4" before.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #4

We bought our 2012 Greywolf 27BKHS a year ago, and have had nothing but problems with it. We had only gotten to camp 4 days in it last year in because of work schedule. While winterizing it last year in October, found the flexible water line drain underneath the sink/stove area had come apart from the solid PVC sink drain and antifreeze leaking everywhere on floor under the slide. They "repaired" the connection which was only to reconnect the flex line to the PVC drain in the dealer lot and finished winterizing at the dealer. Upon bringing camper home from a heated storage, I opened and de-winterizing in May 2013, again I heard water running loudly from under slide, found the same flex drain line had came apart and was leaking. Returned it to dealer, they replaced short flex line with longer drain line and cut a slightly larger hole for flex line to the Grey water tank to accommodate the slide.
Our 1st official trip out 2 weeks ago to our CG, we noticed water dripping from underneath camper near the backside wheel well area, I quickly shut water off and looked inside from rear storage area, found water STANDING behind and underneath the Fridge area. Trip back to dealer for repairs, which was found to be a faulty broken water line connector from wall to pump, and after waiting 2 weeks for factory replacement parts, they returned camper to me partially unrepaired, as they are awaiting parts for wood trim repairs from water damage. Service manager assured us 3 times that the trailer "WILL NEVER LEAK" in that area again! Guess what, after fine tune leveling it this afternoon, the water was spilling from under the trailer AGAIN...looked in cargo storage and was soaking wet yet again behind the pump and under fridge area....Not to mention the Jensen touch screen DVD/Receiver sound system that works when it wants to.....We had already contacted our attorney last week after getting nowhere with the dealership repairs in a timely manner and will be trading or requesting a buyout and payoff from our loan on this camper... WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAMPER WITH WATER AND SINK SLIDE AGAIN.
IllinoisCamperCpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #5

We had a bunch of problems with our 2011 Grey Wolf, and it ended back at the factory for a bunch of work. I will have to say, Forest River came through at the end, and fixed everything great. We are very happy with it now that the bugs are out.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #6

We have a 2012 grey wolf 27BKHS no issues at all. We use several times a year. Last month put about 300 miles 8 nights at 3 different sites. I think it just comes down to who puts it together at the factory. Some people take more pride in things than others. Hope all works out for those of you with problem trailers.
NSC4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSC4949 View Post
We have a 2012 grey wolf 27BKHS no issues at all. We use several times a year. Last month put about 300 miles 8 nights at 3 different sites. I think it just comes down to who puts it together at the factory. Some people take more pride in things than others. Hope all works out for those of you with problem trailers.
I have to agree that it's all in the workers and who is in charge. A good boss would watch and make sure all is going together the way it should. Sure some stuff does slip through but shouldn't be major. But in the end it's the worker putting all the nuts and bolts together that make it count.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #8

The dealer has now repaired 2 different leaks twice each, and picked ours up this morning. Factory rep. called and spoke with DW this morning and asked about dealer information as she had spoken with factory 2 weeks ago, according to her, the dealer has NOT requested any factory replacement parts for our trailer that was told to us had been ordered June 29th. Now the factory wants our dealer to deliver said trailer to the factory before any other work is done so see exactly what has gone wrong. Dealer service manager said it must be one heck of an issue as factory has never asked them to return a trailer prior to a warranty repair. Worse part is that we have paid good money out for a CG membership and lot space, that we now aren't able to use unless we throw a tent up and camp.
IllinoisCamperCpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #9

I just dropped off my camper at dealership again. They said they would try to fix the leak again but they might have to install a slide cover at Forest River's expense if replacing the seals doesn't work. They are also going to replace the top bunk boards with 3/8 in OSB. The dealership has been great to work with. Every time I have to bring it back for warranty work (100 miles) they try to throw something in to keep us happy. This is how I ended up with a new Andersen hitch which is in another thread.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #10

Guess what? It's back at the dealership again with a bad axle. One of the tires started rubbing against the under carriage. I was very lucky the tire didn't blow out.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #11

Just got the camper back from dealership. They had to replace the axles, springs and tires because the wrong wheel wells were installed during assembly. The axles were 1 inch wider on each side to compensate for the mistake. Due to the wider stance, it actually tows better. I am now trying to get Forest River to extend the warranty due to all the problems we have had that at related to poor assembly at the factory. My wife wants a new camper, but everything the dealership has repaired has been rebuilt better than if it was built properly at the factory. Besides there really isn't much left that hadn't been rebuilt.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #12

We looked at a Gray Wolf this weekend and while I really liked the floorplan and amenities, I didn't feel like the quality was there..... Hoping you're good to go now!