Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #1

Refrigerator not cooling

Hi all, we have a wolf pup w a small refrigerator. We tried getting it to work on both gas and electric and it doesn't cool down. We are parked at an incline (driveway) and I've read it's supposed to be level so this may be the issue. However would that prevent all cooling? It's coming up around 55 degrees on the coldest setting. If so does anyone have a creative method to get it level in a sloped driveway? We tried w the leveling jacks on wood planks but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks!
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco928 View Post
Hi all, we have a wolf pup w a small refrigerator. We tried getting it to work on both gas and electric and it doesn't cool down. We are parked at an incline (driveway) and I've read it's supposed to be level so this may be the issue. However would that prevent all cooling? It's coming up around 55 degrees on the coldest setting. If so does anyone have a creative method to get it level in a sloped driveway? We tried w the leveling jacks on wood planks but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks!

put blocks under the tongue jack until you can get it level
Old 05-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #3

That's actually the higher end. We lowered it and raised the rear w the leveling jacks on blocks. Can't get it level
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Site Team

If it's pretty badly out of level that can affect the cooling and given a little time can completely ruin the cooling unit of the fridge.

I'd shut it off until you can get it 'comfortably' level, and then try it again.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
Site Team

You probably need to run the wheels up on blocks so you can lower the tongue enough to get it level.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #6

can you raise the tires high enough to allow the front end down and the back up?

Tags
cooling, refrigerator