Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #1

Roller shades

Has anyone had to replace the mounting brackets for the roller shades. Our last camping trip my son pulled it down to hard when we we're packing up last year. Since it's to cold for camping in the winter around here it hasn't been a priority yet. We are starting to get things ready to hopefully be camping in April maybe. Anyways they are little black clips that snap on to the metal portion of the shade and looking closely one of the tabs has broken off. I'll upload a picture, it's not a very good one kind of from a distance. Hopefully if you click on it maybe you could zoom in. Oh and by the wats it's on a 2017 274DBH. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180225_132812.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	163477
Bedlinedf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #2

yes, there have been several threads about this recently. most likely the roller shades are made by a company called Irvine Blind and Shade in Elkhart Indiana. look at your shades for a label to confirm this. then you can buy replacement brackets from the company or through a local distributor. from your picture you will probably need to take the valance off in order to get the new brackets installed on the wall. then you have to put the valence back on. finally you need to lift the roller shades up and snap them into place in the new brackets. not a hard job but it is not easy to get to the pieces with the valance in the way. one other thing I learned (assuming they are from Irvine blind) is that there are a black and white adjustment knobs on one end of the shades. their website shows how to adjust these knobs so the blind retract properly.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #3

Can you point me in the right direction of these threads. I've been searching and haven't came across any.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:37 AM   #4

irvineshadeanddoor.com

I've heard they will send new brackets at no charge.
Norcalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #5

Has anyone tried using a different bracket, maybe a metal one?? I read one tread where a guy keeps having to replace his.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:55 AM   #6

Part of the problem is the shades only come mounted on 2 brackets. A third in the middle will solve a lot of these issues. I haven't had a bracket fail as yet and don't know if it matters but I always travel with the shades rolled up.
Norcalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 AM   #7

I was thinking the same as far as only 2 brackets. I'm thinking of putting at least 3 per shade maybe even 4. I'm just waiting to hear back from either A- the dealer in my state that's listed on their website, or B- from someone from their company. I sent the dealer an email and haven't heard back, so I emailed the company last night. Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see who responds first.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
Site Team

I got parts from this place.

http://www.unitedshade.com/catalog/r...hades-for-rvs/

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #9

At 6:04am my time the company responded to my email. They said they'll send my a couple free of charge. And just to send them my address. By 7 my time they said they're in the mail. A+ for customer service, that great of service is hard to come by now a days.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:11 AM   #10

I received their package last night, I had originally asked for 2 brackets and they sent me 8. Awesome company. Hope others have as great of an experience with them as I did.