Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Sanitize water lines

Spring is just around the corner. Camping season toooo. I will soon be flushing out the RV antifreeze in my TT. Looking to see what the proper mixture of chlorine bleech to water might be.

I have read in other blogs that what may be listed in the TT prochure for tank capacity may be incorrect. My TT is currently in storage and I don't have quick access to it. Does the fresh water tank itself usually have some kind of markings on it stating capacity?

Also doesn't a city water system have some chlorine in it? Will running city water (by itself) through the TT system be enough to sanitize alone?

Lastly, Should I hold on to the RV antifreeze that is flushed into my grey tank and dump it at my first camping trip location (dump station). Or is it safe to just let it run down the street to the sewer?

kjoh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons of fresh water. Pump it through all of the water lines. Let it set for a few hours or over night and then flush out with fresh water.

Most Municipal City water systems contain chlorine but not enough to sanitize your lines.

As for the antifreeze from the grey tank. Who knows what little debris could be in that solution. Just dump it, you don't want that stuff being introduced into your water lines.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote