Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok now what if front of camper happens to face the way your back is now ?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #12

The mount I made can clamp on the top rails then you can swing pipe mount up which is about two feet above the roof you then can swing dish around to face the front and you have a clear sight 360 degrees and nothing on the trailer is higher. The only problem would be trees and I have moved trailer a few feet to clear trees.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford
The mount I made can clamp on the top rails then you can swing pipe mount up which is about two feet above the roof you then can swing dish around to face the front and you have a clear sight 360 degrees and nothing on the trailer is higher. The only problem would be trees and I have moved trailer a few feet to clear trees.
Perfect that's what was wondering.
Ron
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #14

I have tailgater and works great. Simple to use and can be placed on ground, top of trailer or on top of truck depending on what opening you have with the trees. It's as easy as plug and play. Just set what state you are in. I had trouble with mine one time and called c/s they took care of it and replaced it with no charge. I now have several freinds that have same and love it. mark
Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #15

Another idea, I built a wood base, heavy enough to keep the dish from blowing over, but not too heavy to carry while climbing my stepladder, and put it on the roof of the slideout. It was high enough to clear the roof of the trailer so direction was never an issue.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
This is how I mounted mine it also works on the top of the ladder....
Do you keep a steady sat signal when you move around in the RV?

I just tested our Sat system and the dish is on a large tripod pegged to the ground, but a slight tap on the dish can drop the signal.

Our Lacrosse 301RLS has power stabilizer jacks and you can't crank them as much as the manuals on my last trailer, and I was disappointed at how bouncy it was inside the trailer when someone walked around - and even worse when anyone showered. I can't imagine a sat dish mounted on my coach could lock on the satellite.

Bob
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #17

I have had no Issues even thou I can feel the trailer bounce when my wife walks around no loss of signal nothing even when I was on the coast last week and the wind kicked up pretty good but TV worked just fine no signal drop or anything. Even when I lift the stabs it still works fine. Normally I adjust the signal to 90 to 99 % and all is good......

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is online now   Reply With Quote