Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #1

Sink cover missing?

Hey everyone. Newer owner of a Grey Wolf 23DBH. I got to thinking after we came back from our last camping trip. I swear the one I looked at originally at the dealership came with the sink cover to make more counter space. My TT had to be ordered as the other one was already sold and it just hit me that ours did not come with the sink cover. Should it have come with one from the factory? Seems it would have. Thanks for any help.
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Hey everyone. Newer owner of a Grey Wolf 23DBH. I got to thinking after we came back from our last camping trip. I swear the one I looked at originally at the dealership came with the sink cover to make more counter space. My TT had to be ordered as the other one was already sold and it just hit me that ours did not come with the sink cover. Should it have come with one from the factory? Seems it would have. Thanks for any help.

Hi Brandon,

We recently bought our 17RBXL and thought the same as you regarding the sink cover. Thought it was standard feature included as the units we seen at the RV Show had sink covers inside of them. But when we went to pick ours up, and from another dealer, it did not include one. I asked about this and they stated that some items were options and this was one of them. At least with the one we purchased.

It is possible that they forgot to include one in yours when they shipped it. I would definitely check with your dealer. They are nice for that little extra counter work space.

We opted to purchase one afterwards. Cost was roughly $30 with shipping. And had to be ordered via the Dealer. Try your Dealer first and hope they will get you one at no additional cost.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

We didn't get the cover with our 14' 28BH, either - I talked to the dealer, and was told it was an option, and they could order one, but it would be about $50...

What I did instead? Went to a local restaurant supply store, and got a large plastic cutting board, made a template of the sink with some cardboard, and cut the cutting board to shape with a jigsaw.

Few minutes with a palm sander to smooth the edges and round off the corners; and voila... Overall cost was about 30 bucks, and maybe an hour's work; and have a sink cover/cutting board that's a lot more substantial then the factory one.

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #4

We were in the same boat, we walked through so many that I thought ours came with one. Well the day we did our inspection I said something and they told me our trailer did not come with that option. We really wanted it and the dealership was nice enough to order it and have it shipped right to our house for no charge. I wanted the factory one so it would be color matched to our countertops. We use it all the time and wouldn't want to camp without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Kawacycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover